Extra 1.3

Two months later.

The snow outside hadn't melted yet, and the chill squeezed in through the corners and windows. The funeral parlor, which was already lifeless, seemed even colder and more lifeless.

Luo Lingsheng's body was stiff and cold, and his bloodshot eyes stared at the four portraits without blinking. The pain in his body was numb, and his mind was shrouded in chaos.

Suddenly, someone covered him with a thick blanket.

"Who is it?!"

Luo Lingsheng instantly burst out a fierce murderous intent, and turned sideways to grab the wrist of the person who came. He was like a lion trapped in a desperate situation. Obviously, he was already scarred, but he still forced himself to maintain his energy and be vigilant of everything around him.

"Young master, it's me."

The butler, Uncle Qin, ignored the pain from his wrist and said with great distress, "You haven't fully recovered, and you've been sitting here for a whole day. How can you bear it?"

"Just listen to Uncle Qin's advice and go back to the hospital to recuperate. If …"

Uncle Qin looked at the portraits in the mourning hall, and his voice was much older and weaker, "If Sir and Madam were still alive, they definitely wouldn't want you to be like this."

Two months ago, Old Master Luo suddenly died of a heart attack. His descendants didn't dare to breathe when he was alive, but after his death, they immediately turned into hungry and greedy wolves.

The huge Luo family property was a piece of delicious fat meat in their eyes, and they didn't hesitate to fight for it to the point of killing each other.

Among them, the most ruthless was the first branch.

They relied on the ridiculous identity of the "eldest son's grandson" and the absurd excuse that they had the most people, and they couldn't wait to completely expel the other three branches from this power and wealth struggle.

Luo Lingsheng's father, who was born in his old age, had always been favored by Old Master Luo, and Luo Lingsheng was also Old Master Luo's favorite grandson.

Because of these two reasons, the first branch seemed to be "brothers and sisters" on the surface, but secretly hated each other to the bone.

Luo Lingsheng's parents were smart people. They disdained this kind of property struggle, and announced their withdrawal from the Luo family's competition early on.

However, they were not ruthless enough. They had never thought that 'a person's heart is unpredictable'. Their words of 'withdrawing from the property competition' were sincere, but in the eyes of the first branch and the others, it was just 'retreating in order to advance'. They had other motives!

As a result, Luo Lingsheng's family had a major 'accident' on their way to the airport after leaving the country to avoid the limelight. Four people died and one was injured.

Luo Lingsheng was seriously injured and unconscious for nearly half a month. When he woke up, his four closest relatives had passed away one after another. His legs were also seriously injured in the car accident.

"Uncle Qin." Luo Lingsheng remained unmoved. He turned his gaze back to the mourning hall and asked, "Is no one coming?"

Uncle Qin's expression grew increasingly solemn. "No. It's already past visiting hours at the funeral parlor. Now that the first branch is in power, who in the Imperial Capital would dare to do anything openly?"

Romance Novel Network

The winner was the king, and the loser was the bandit. Flattering the strong and trampling on the weak had always been the rule.