CH 57.2

It’s almost time for the start of the banquet, and there are more and more guests in the banquet hall.

Xie Wei, as the only hostess of this banquet, was smugly enjoying the praise and catering of the crowd.

“Congratulations, after so many years, your hardship has finally come to fruition. When Xiao Yue takes over the Shi family and steadily obtains power over time, you will become the legitimate Madam Shi.“

Another wealthy lady with a graceful figure came over and congratulated her in a low voice, “Good days are still ahead, how enviable.”

This is Zhang Yun, Xie Wei’s best friend for many years. Like Xie Wei, she also hooked up with a married man when she was young. After years of being a mistress, she smoothly worked her way up to the top.

Xie Wei was very flattered when she heard her words, “During these years, you’ve had a much easier time than me, unlike me, who has a strong father-in-law in charge.”

“What’s so good about it? I can’t have children anyway…” When Zhang Yun said this, a trace of resentment flashed in her eyes, “I always feel that my husband is cheating behind my back.”

Xie Wei’s expression changed, “You can’t talk nonsense. Is there any evidence?”

Zhang Yun shook her head and pulled the topic back, saying, “You’re luckier than me. Xiao Yue is such a promising child.“

“Yeah, I used to be so dumb. I don’t know how I gave birth to such a child prodigy.” When Xie Wei mentioned her son, she felt a little more proud.

Zhang Yun asked again, “By the way, after running into Wen Yibei last time, he didn’t bother you again in private, did he?”

Xie Wei snorted in triumph, “No. What can that b*tch’s cheap son do to me? Let me tell you a secret. Today is that b*tch’s birthday before her death.”

In the past, on this day, Shi Sheng had to rush back to celebrate Wen Min’s birthday in order to play his role as a “good husband.”

“I chose this date on purpose because, even after her death, I still want to disgrace her! I want to let that sl*t see how my son will take over the Shi family today.“

Before the rest of her voice fell, a voice as cold as frost sounded.

“Xie Wei, are you really not afraid of retribution, huh?”

“…..”

Xie Wei turned her head and saw Shi Yunnan, who had almost scared her to death. She covered her beating heart and said, “Why, why are you here? When did you come?“

“Am I not qualified to come to this Shi family’s banquet?” Shi Yunnan sneered. The cold ice condensed in his eyes seemed to be able to frostbite people alive.

“Seeing how serious you are, I’m too embarrassed to interrupt.”

“…..”

Xie Wei was guilty of being a thief, so she had to turn her eyes to her best friend beside her for help.

Zhang Yun received her gaze, and spoke with a thorn in her words, “I’ve always heard that Second Young Master Shi is used to being unrestrained in the foreign country, but only after we met, did I know that this is really the case. You not only walk without making a sound but also eavesdrop on your elders?“