CH 24

“…….”

The atmosphere in the office immediately solidified.

The five people around unanimously cast their surprised gazes on the male colleague, the latter realized his own slip of tongue, and was a little embarrassed and at a loss for a moment.

In the next second, a cold look completely froze him in place.

Turning back, Shi Yunnan narrowed down their distance step by step. His gaze moved down to the other party’s work ID, and he casually read his name out loud, “Chen Hui?”

“Could you please explain what it means to sell ass to the top?”

There was no anger, no stern questioning, or even avoidance of this sensitive topic.

Shi Yunnan’s words were particularly clear, but the coercion hiding under the calmness was even more frightening.

The crowd looked at each other, their breathing slowed down a bit.

Chen Hui was named on the spot by him, the awkwardness increased, and there was also some embarrassment, “Mr. Shi, I am very sorry! I didn’t mean that…”

“Then what do you mean?” Shi Yunnan asked again.

He carelessly hooked Chen Hui’s work ID and got a clear view at his job description, “After eight years of service, you are only a team member? Tsk tsk…”

“So you can’t get to the top because you’re incompetent, or is it becuase there’s no place for you to sell your ass?”

Shi Yunnan’s reverse questioning was completely unrelenting, and even the degree of ridicule was stronger than that of Chen Hui just now.

Chen Hui’s complexion rapidly reddened, “Mr. Shi! I am willing to apologize for what I just said, but, but you should not take things too far by relying on your status.”

Chen Hui verbally conceded, but he did not think so in his heart.

Didn’t he just forget his sense of propriety for a moment, and said what was in his heart? Then he was unfortunately heard by the person in question?

But this didn’t mean that what he said was wrong!

Shi Yunnan, an outsider, became the core leader of their investment team as soon as he entered the company. Wasn’t it obvious that he went through the back door?

Besides, the gossip between him and Chairman Luo was not spread by him alone.

It was said that the new official took office with three fires1. Did this person maliciously target him?

The more Chen Hui thought about it, the more he felt aggrieved, and even the disdain in his heart deepened a bit.

Shi Yunnan raised his eyebrow, he seemed to have discovered a big joke, “Interesting, so only you are allowed to chew your tongue2 in private, but I’m not allowed to confront you openly and honestly?”

He suddenly flung the work card in his hand at Chen Hui’s face. His sneering expression was wild and crazy, “Where did you get this courage from?”

Shi Yunnan was the type that ‘never admit defeat when anything crops up’.

The remarks he heard at the door were just private chats, he could pretend that nothing had happened, but people had a bottom line, and he couldn’t condone this fabricated slander again and again.

The sharp corner of the work card brushed against Chen Hui’s chin, causing a slight tingling sensation.

Chen Hui felt that his self-esteem had been completely hurt, his face blushed on the spot, and he raised his fist with the intention to hurt the other.