CH 23

Chapter 23: Patriarch, You are obviously being a show-off.

The sound of hurried footsteps from the stairs interrupted Shi Yunnan’s unspoken question.

Qin Jian, who came upstairs, saw the two people in front of the study, and paused unnaturally, “…Patriarch, I’m sorry.”

Shi Yunnan suddenly had an uncomfortable feeling of ‘being caught in the act’, and that little impulsive thought dissipated instantly.

He slowed down for a second or two, pretending to turn away nonchalantly, “Are you busy with something?”

Luo Lingsheng took the glasses back from his hand and put them on again, covering the deep meaning in the depths of his pupils, “There is still another meeting.”

Because of Shi Yunnan’s invitation last night, the meeting that was originally scheduled to be at 1 pm was temporarily postponed by Luo Lingsheng. He returned to his study to get the signed approval document.

“Oh, then I won’t bother you.”

Shi Yunnan straightened his posture in time, without any entanglement.

He looked down at the watch that Luo Lingsheng had worn on his wrist. After enduring it, the laughter still escaped his mouth, “Luo Lingsheng.”

“Yes?”

“I forgot to tell you…”

Shi Yunnan tapped on his empty wrist, his tone was buoyant as if he was dancing, “This watch can only be bought in pairs, I have one too, do you mind?”

Luo Lingsheng’s voice indistinctly rose a little, “Okay, I see.”

Seeing that the other party didn’t oppose this, he turned around and went back to his room with joy lingering on his eyebrows.

Luo Lingsheng entered the study room to get the document, and when he came out again, he saw Qin Jian apologizing in a rare panic, “Patriarch, I will definitely not come upstairs without permission next time.”

He waited downstairs for a long time. Seeing that Luo Lingsheng didn’t come down, he thought that something had happened to the other party because of his inconvenient legs, so he hurriedly ran upstairs to check the situation.

Unexpectedly, he saw that ambiguous picture.

Qin Jian had a very discerning eyesight. He readily concluded that he had ruined his boss’s good deed.

Luo Lingsheng didn’t blame him, but only asked with some deliberation, “What time is it?”

Qin Jian was about to pull out his mobile phone to check, but he caught a glimpse of Luo Lingsheng lifting his wrist, “4:06? Still in time for the meeting, let’s go.”

This seemingly calm self-question and answer, the meaning of showing off the brand new watch was little more than obvious.

“……”

Qin Jian was only a second slow, his excellent professionalism as an assistant made him compliment, “Patriarch, your watch is very beautiful, is it a gift from second young master Shi?”

Luo Lingsheng rubbed the smooth dial, and the corners of his mouth rose upward, “Well, he specially bought it for me.”

The word ‘specially’ was stressed with some deliberation.

“……”

Qin Jian was left speechless, and had a new understanding of his always ruthless and indifferent boss.