CH 84.2

Shi Yunnan closed his eyes to adjust his breathing and emotions and answered the phone while pretending to be relaxed, “Hello, brother?”

“Yunnan, I just had a meeting at the Kaiyin Academy. It’s over now.”

Wen Yibei’s soft tone came from the other end of the phone, with a hint of intimacy unique to his brother, “Why did you suddenly call me? Are you alright?”

“I’m fine. It’s just that I was bored this afternoon and wanted to chat with you.” Shi Yunnan made up an excuse.

“How old are you? Still afraid of being bored and looking for your brother to chat with?” Wen Yibei laughed at him.

Shi Yunnan clutched the invitation in his hand and still couldn’t resist asking, “Brother, I want to ask you something.”

“Huh? Say it.”

“Besides the birthday party, have you met Luo Lingsheng on other occasions?”

The phone conversation hid the lack of confidence in Shi Yunnan’s tone.

Wen Yibei had always trusted his younger brother. He thought Shi Yunnan was curious about Luo Lingsheng’s past, so he pondered for a moment and said, “I have been busy with my career abroad all these years, so I have not returned to China very often.”

“Occasionally, I met Mr. Luo when I returned to China to attend banquets, but Mr. Luo and I weren’t familiar, so we just perfunctorily greeted each other and didn’t communicate much.”

After Wen Yibei finished speaking, he remembered something, “But…”

“But what?”

“Mr. Luo actually came to my first solo concert overseas. I only heard from the staff when I was finishing up that there was a celebratory flower basket from him outside the door.”

Wen Yibei was popular in the music circle, and there were countless friends who sent flowers and blessings that day.

“…..”

Shi Yunnan’s eyes were sore and his mind was no longer on the phone call.

Because at the same time Wen Yibei answered, he saw the concert ticket in the drawer that was properly placed under the invitation letter.

Shi Yunnan recognized the English words on the ticket, which was the theme of Wen Yibei’s first solo concert.

“Yunnan, if you want to get to know your husband, you should go to his circle of friends to find out…”

Wen Yibei, on the other end of the phone, stopped speaking when he noticed a gasping sound. Then he asked, with a trace of nervousness, “Yunnan? Why are you suddenly not talking?”

“It’s nothing. I just feel a little sleepy all of a sudden.”

Shi Yunnan put the invitation back to its original position in the drawer and tried to suppress his emotions, “Brother, I’d better take a nap first, and then I’ll accompany you and Grandpa for dinner in a couple of days.”

“Are you really ok?” Wen Yibei asked worriedly.

“Why not? My life is rich and leisurely. That’s why I’m sleepy.”