CH 90.1

“Three days ago?”

When Shi Yunnan heard that the time was so close, a trace of surprise flashed across his brows and eyes.

“Yes, three days ago.” Ning De’an made up his mind to spill the bean, so he didn’t deliberately hide it.

“Although Yanchuan and I haven’t seen each other often in the past two years, we’ve always kept in touch through the internet.”

Before Ning De’an came to China, he tried to contact Luo Yanchuan, wanting to make an appointment with his long-lost friend.

However, Luo Yanchuan didn’t reply to him as usual.

Shi Yunnan replied, “It’s been almost half a month since Luo Yanchuan’s hit-and-run incident. It’s normal that you couldn’t contact him.”

He was busy running; how could he have the leisure to chat with an old friend?

Ning De’an nodded and continued his statement.

“Three days ago, I suddenly found an unfamiliar email in my mailbox, so I opened it to have a look. The sender said that he was Luo Yanchuan and briefly recounted some details of our previous time together.”

It was Ning De’an’s private email address that only his close friends knew about, and the details listed in the email were indeed difficult for others to know.

Ning De’an chose to reply after careful consideration and then received a second email confirming Luo Yanchuan’s identity.

Shi Yunnan interjected, “Does he know that you came to China to discuss cooperation with me?”

“No, Luo Yanchuan was very anxious in the email and didn’t give me any time to reminisce about the old days. I had some doubts, but I didn’t have the chance to ask.”

Ning De’an paused, looking at Shi Yunnan with seriousness in his eyes, “He only said that he encountered a little trouble in China and hoped that I could do him a favor.”

Shi Yunnan asked, “And what is that?”

Ning De’an whispered, “He asked me to help him get an underground bank account abroad, and he also said that he would transfer a huge amount of private property in a few days.”

“Underground bank account? huge amount of private property?”

Shi Yunnan reflected on the key points in this sentence, and his eyes had a subtle change.

Luo Lingsheng and he were indeed right in guessing that Luo Yanchuan just wanted to run away, and the person he thought of was his once good friend Ning De’an.

But weren’t all the accounts of the second house frozen and seized? Where did Luo Yanchuan still have private property before running away?

Ning De’an was afraid that Shi Yunnan would get the wrong idea and took the initiative to explain, “Mr. Shi, you should have known that my father’s family is in the mining business and has to handle a large amount of assets every year.”

Everyone experiences different environments and naturally has different views.

In foreign countries, a small part of the mining business belonged to the gray area, and underground accounts were often required for the temporary deposit and transfer of funds. Of course, transferring accounts in such an underground bank required a high “custodial fee” when compared to normal banks.