CH 55.1

A fragrant heat is rising in the warm and bright dining room.

At the center of the dining table, an old-fashioned charcoal stove hot pot was filled with tumbling and rolling meat and vegetables, looking very mouth-watering.

“Wow! Hot Pot, Hot Pot! “

Little Goldfish was looking forward to eating it. His saliva was almost dripping down his chin.

Shi Yunnan nimbly clipped a fish meatball and put it in his special children’s small bowl, “Little greedy cat, let it cool before eating, be careful of burning your mouth.”

“Thank you, little uncle. I love you!”

Luo Lingsheng glanced at his “slick tongue” little nephew and asked, “Who taught you that? You keep these words on your lips all day long.“

Little Goldfish took a bite of the meatball and said vaguely, “Little Uncle taught me. Uncle, haven’t you learned yet?””

Last time Shi Yunnan and Luo Ling Sheng had a falling out, he was taught this: if you like someone, you should clearly express yourselves.

“…..”

Luo Lingsheng was beaten back by his little nephew with a single sentence, and suddenly he was at a loss for words.

A smile appeared at the corner of Shi Yunnan’s mouth. For some reason, he liked to see Luo Lingsheng being “lectured” by Little Goldfish’s childish words.

He didn’t say anything but turned to Qin Jian instead, “Where’s the birthday cake?”

Qin Jian replied, “It’s in the kitchen refrigerator. I’ll go get it now.”

As soon as his voice landed, Butler Qin ordered the servants to bring the prepared dishes as well.

“Mr. Shi said he wanted to eat hot pot, and I was afraid that the patriarch and the little young master wouldn’t be used to eating it, so I had some more home-cooked dishes prepared.”

“Anyway, it’s a meal in our own home. I thought that we all don’t need to be too formal.”

Uncle Qin smiled amiably and contentedly. He liked this kind of family atmosphere very much and couldn’t help but sighed. “It’s been a long time since the patriarch celebrated his birthday.”

Luo Lingsheng pursed his lips slightly. The bottom of his eyes shook with a trace of regret.

He didn’t like to organize birthdays and such, so in previous years his parents and his sister were the ones who thought about his birthday from one year to the next.

Since the unexpected death of his family, Luo Lingsheng didn’t like to celebrate his so-called birthday anymore.

Of course, it was also to avoid other people’s flattery at the birthday banquet, which only added to his pain.

Shi Yunnan saw the emotion in Luo Lingsheng’s eyes and patted his lover’s thigh with his hand hidden under the table.

It was like he was speaking to Uncle Qin, but in fact he was also speaking to Luo Lingsheng himself, “There are still more birthdays ahead. We can spend them with him every year in the future.”