CH 92.2

Little Goldfish slept until the evening but was finally woken up by the sound of his hungry stomach gurgling.

He dazedly sat up from the bed, rubbed his eyes without crying or fussing, and called out in a soft voice, “Uncle? Little uncle?”

Footsteps sounded immediately.

“Our Little Goldfish is awake?” Shi Yunnan approached from the small living room outside the bedroom, still holding a familiar small bag in his hand.

“Yeah!”

Little Goldfish, who had just woken up, immediately smiled when he saw Shi Yunnan.

Shi Yunnan put the small bag by the bed and bent down to level his gaze with his little nephew, “Are you hungry?”

Little Goldfish rubbed his shriveled stomach, then aggrievedly and coquettishly said, “I’m starving! Uncle, I want egg custard and steak.”

“Okay, I’ll ask the hotel kitchen to make these; shall we eat together later?”

“Yeah!”

Shi Yunnan rubbed his head and asked cautiously, “Are you still afraid?”

Little Goldfish thought for a while, and answered seriously, “I was scared at first, but I became brave when I heard your voice on the phone. I was no longer afraid when I saw both of you this morning.”

“Awesome.”

Shi Yunnan stroked Little Goldfish’s cheek and solemnly promised, “I promise that such a thing will never happen a second time, and I won’t let you be afraid again.”

Little Goldfish shook his head and said, “It’s okay, the little protagonists in the story have to go through adventures and fears before they can become stronger and braver.”

Little Goldfish confirmed to Shi Yunnan, “Little uncle, I have also grown up this time, right?”

Shi Yunnan generously praised him, “Yes, our little goldfish has become a man.”

Little Goldfish grinned and picked up the small bag on the side to make room for Shi Yunnan, “Sit here, little uncle.”

“Ok.”

Little Goldfish opened the small bag and took out the three intact sugar figurines inside, exclaiming with pleasant surprise, “Wow, they are not broken!”

Shi Yunnan responded cooperatively, “This is the little sugar figurine you said you would give us on the phone?”

“That’s right!” Little Goldfish took it out and gestured, happily introducing it to Shi Yunnan.

“The tallest one is my uncle; the one with slightly longer hair is you, little uncle; and this little…”

The description suddenly stopped, and Shi Yunnan instantly took over, saying, “It’s our cute little goldfish, right? Shall we put them away first until we get home?”

Little Goldfish nodded happily; the gloom and fear of being “kidnapped” yesterday completely disappeared from his face, and he discussed with Shi Yunnan with great interest where to put his things.