CH 40.1

Almost instantly, Shi Yunnan’s heart was clenched by this complete darkness.

He took out his mobile phone in a panic, turned on the mobile phone light, and walked out quickly, but what he didn’t expect was that the door of the outermost warehouse had been closed.

“Is anyone there?”

Shi Yunnan shouted loudly, with an uncontrollable trembling in his voice.

It’s a pity that the inside and outside were empty, and no one responded.

A beep popped up on the phone, and the screen displayed a warning of ‘less than 5% battery‘.

Shi Yunnan’s pupils trembled slightly, reluctantly forcing himself to calm down in such an environment. Even so, he was still reluctant to turn off the phone lights to save power.

As he adjusted his increasingly tight breathing, he followed his instinct to call for help.

—Beep.

The call was quickly connected after only one click.

“Hey, are you done with work?”

The moment Luo Lingsheng’s deep voice entered his ears, Shi Yunnan uncontrollably choked up.

“Luo Lingsheng, I’m trapped in the Yuan Jade factory.” He drew a light breath, “…it’s very dark.”

Luo Lingsheng on the other end of the phone reacted instantly, “That Yuan Jade Factory behind Linglong Market?”

He sent Qin Jian to investigate, and Yuan’s newly registered design company was on the edge of Linglong Market.

“……Yes.“

Shi Yunnan feebly leaned against the wall. He knew that using this remaining battery to find Lu Zhao’an might be a better solution to the problem, but he subconsciously chose Luo Lingsheng.

Shi Yunnan couldn’t hang up the call at this moment, even if he knew what kind of psychological oppression he would soon suffer in a completely closed dark environment once his mobile phone was out of power.

He didn’t want Luo Lingsheng’s voice to leave his world, not even for one moment.

“I know you’re afraid of the dark…” Luo Lingsheng’s calm tone contained indescribable tenderness, “Listen, I’m on my way to find you, and I’ll be there in ten minutes at most.“

“…..” Shi Yunnan was startled, obviously not expecting Luo Lingsheng to notice his weakness.

As ridiculous as it may sound, he does suffer from severe and uncontrollable claustrophobia.

When he first went abroad at eight, because a group of foreign students damaged his violin, Shi Yunnan had a fist-fight with them.

There was no doubt that Shi Yunnan was badly beaten up.

After the dormitory management teacher found out about it, he reported the situation. As a result, that group of foreign students was severely punished.

But this wasn’t the end—

A fat senior student who held grudges in his heart paid other students to bind Shi Yunnan’s hands and feet, duct tape his mouth, and throw him into an abandoned material room of the teaching building.

It was a completely dark environment where no light could penetrate. No matter how Shi Yunnan called for help, he could only emit broken whimpers.

If it were not for the good hearing of an old teacher on patrol, Shi Yunnan was afraid that he would have to stay there for the whole night.