CH 55.2

The night gradually deepened.

After Luo Lingsheng approved the company’s new project report, he took off his glasses and rubbed his swollen temples.

The sound of water dripping in the bathroom kept on ringing. Luo Lingsheng glanced at the time, only to realize that Shi Yunnan had been in there for almost forty minutes.

Luo Lingsheng hurriedly controlled the wheelchair to the bathroom for fear that his lover might have an accident, “Yunnan?”

The sound of water in the bathroom finally stopped, and it took several seconds before a suppressed trembling voice came, “I’ll be out in a minute.” Because it was through the bathroom door, he couldn’t really hear it clearly.

When Luo Lingsheng got a response from Shi Yunnan, he moved back to the bed with a little peace of mind, and laboriously moved himself back to the bed.

After about another three minutes, the bathroom door finally opened.

Shi Yunnan was wearing a loose silky bathrobe; his slightly long hair was still soaked with a little moisture.

The sharp-eyed Luo Lingsheng squinted and quickly opened the quilt beside him, “Come here, where’s the bath towel? Why don’t you dry your hair?”

Shi Yunnan, uncharacteristically, did not answer.

He approached him quickly and bent down to kiss the side of Luo Lingsheng’s lips. “Why haven’t you asked me if I’m going to give you a birthday present today?”

Shi Yunnan did not rush to bed, but stood at the edge of the bed and leaned forward.

When Luo Lingsheng’s gaze went down, he could vaguely glimpse his delicate skin hidden under the bathrobe. His eyes darkened, “Did you prepare a gift for me?”

In fact, for him, it was enough to have Shi Yunnan as his sincere company on his birthday this year.

“No.”

Shi Yunnan flatly denied it, and the reason given was very simple: “What can the Luo family be missing? I’ve thought about it. It’s better to save the money than to buy useless and redundant gifts.“

Luo Lingsheng felt a sense of loss at the bottom of his heart, but he didn’t show anything on the surface. “It’s all right, you come up first.”

Although the heating was turned on in the room, there was still a temperature difference inside and outside the bathroom. He was afraid that his lover would catch a cold.

Shi Yunnan didn’t catch any glimpse of Luo Ling Sheng’s emotional change and pretended to be sad. “It seems that you don’t have deep feelings for me; you don’t even care if I send you something or not.”

As he said that, he casually pulled the flattened quilt to the side.

Shi Yunnan put his arms around Luo Lingsheng’s shoulders and simply sat across his lover’s body.

Luo Lingsheng sensed the state of the person in his arms as he approached and suddenly froze. His gaze shifted downward—

The overly long bathrobe was half-covered, failing to reveal the seductive scenery underneath.