CH 52.1

Yuan Rui immediately turned sideways to block Gu Jue’s gaze, which was directed toward Shi Yunnan.

With his back to Shi Yunnan, he whispered to Gu Jue with fierce eyes, “You idiot, don’t try to steal my carrots.”

Shi Yunnan was amused by Yuan Rui, and when he saw his lover’s slightly puzzled eyes, he explained what had just happened in a low voice.

After Luo Lingsheng heard this, his eyes darkened. “Do you want to investigate them?”

Shi Yunnan looked askance at Gu Jue and Song Miaoke in the same row. With a slight change in his eyes, he whispered a sentence in Luo Lingsheng’s ear.

Hearing this, Luo Lingsheng quickly sent out a message on his mobile phone.

In less than half a minute, Qin Jian in the front row got up and gave them a meaningful look, then he quickly walked out of the venue.

At the same time, the host’s opening speech finally sounded. The process of the charity auction was very simple—

The first eight exhibits were private gifts donated by wealthy businessmen and women to this charity gala. They were all relatively small exhibits, and the amount auctioned would be entirely used for poverty donations.

The following exhibits were all provided by independent designers or design studios, and the starting price of the auction was determined by the former.

The total auction price, minus the initial design cost, would also be used for charity donations.

After a brief introduction by the host, a professional auctioneer came on stage.

The first eight pieces of jewelry were all small pieces, and the starting price was not too high for the guests present, so the auction went quickly and smoothly round after round.

Then, the follow-up design exhibits brought the atmosphere of the auction to a climax.

Shi Yunnan didn’t have much interest in bidding, but he couldn’t help studying the design elements of each exhibit as it came out and took the initiative to explain it to Luo Lingsheng.

Originally, Luo Lingsheng had no interest in these jewelry auctions, but he liked to listen to Shi Yunnan’s continuous explanations. He was particularly fascinated by his lover’s passion for design.

“Why do you like jewelry design so much?” Luo Lingsheng had never inquired about this. He remembered that Shi Yunnan’s college major had nothing to do with design at all.

“Because my mother liked to collect jewelry when she was alive.”

A glimmer of light flashed in Shi Yunnan’s eyes, sighing as he spoke.

At that time, Wen Min also had a special jewelry cabinet, in which she carefully collected all kinds of jewelry objects.

Every time she got a new favorite jewelry, she would temporarily forget her mother’s identity, and carefully match her clothes and makeup with the jewelry and ask: Yibei, Yunnan, does mommy’s necklace look good?

Wen Min was a pampered young lady from a respectable family.

The world after her marriage was very simple, with the piano music she liked, jewelry, her precious baby twins, and her beloved husband.