CH 66.2

A week later,

After confirming that all physical values had returned to normal levels, Luo Lingsheng finally returned to the original VIP ward.

Shi Yunnan sat on the edge of the bed and peeled the skin of an apple into a long strip with a fruit knife.

Little Goldfish watched in awe from the side, holding his breath and not daring to move, for fear that his small breath would affect Shi Yunnan’s performance, making him unable to cut to the top in one go.

Seeing the child’s face turning red, Shi Yunnan had to speed up his hand until the intact apple skin fell into the trash can.

“Pheww.”

Little Goldfish took two breaths of fresh air, then clapped his little hands until they were red again, “Wow~ Little Uncle is amazing! This apple must be very sweet!“

Seeing his cute appearance, Shi Yunnan couldn’t help but smile at Luo Lingsheng on the bed.

“Little clever ghost, you’re just greedy for your uncle’s apple, aren’t you?” he said as he cut a small slice of apple and handed it over.

Little Goldfish happily took the apple slice and said, “That’s not true.”

Seeing Shi Yunnan occupy the bedside position, he hurriedly ran to the other side of the bed and shoved the apple he got into Luo Lingsheng’s mouth, “Uncle! Ah—”

Luo Lingsheng smiled and couldn’t bear to disappoint his nephew’s good intentions.

He opened his mouth and ate the crispy and sweet apple in one bite.

“Uncle, Is it delicious?“

Little Goldfish gulped as his round eyes stared hard at Luo Lingsheng. He was indeed a little greedy.

Seeing this, Shi Yunnan divided the remaining apple into two.

“Baby, this is for you.”

Seeing that everyone had a share, Little Goldfish immediately ran back to take it, climbed onto his small stool and nibbled it contentedly.

Not long after, the medical staff came to examine Luo Lingsheng’s surgical wound and change the dressing.

Shi Yunnan looked at Luo Lingsheng’s legs with a little nervousness, “How is the situation?”

“It seems to be recovering well.” Dr. Bence replied, and asked Luo Lingsheng how he felt, “Mr. Luo, how do you feel?”

“It’s numb and painful.”

A simple sentence could be considered the best response to successful surgery.

Compared with the previous senseless state, the existing pain has indeed been long gone. Luo Lingsheng had gone through “a mountain of swords and a sea of flames,” so naturally he could endure this momentary pain.

“The post-operative rehabilitation arrangement will be adjusted at any time according to your physical condition, but we must ensure that the wound is completely healed before it can be implemented.”