CH 42

Ten days later, at the Imperial Palace Hotel

The waiter, who had been expecting Luo Lingsheng and others’ arrival at the entrance, recognized them immediately. He stepped forward and said respectfully, “Hello, Mr. Luo. The top-floor box that we arranged for you is all set. Please come with me.“

Little Goldfish curiously observed the splendid hotel lobby and shook Shi Yunnan’s hand, “Little uncle, aren’t we going home?”

“No. Today is Grandpa Qin’s birthday, so we’ll have dinner here.” Shi Yunnan simply picked Little Goldfish up.

Uncle Qin was very moved and said, “Patriarch and Mr. Shi don’t have to go through such trouble. I’ve already passed fifty years of age, so why should I celebrate my birthday? It’s a waste of time for all of you.“

“How can it be a waste of time to have a meal together as a family?” Shi Yunnan replied instead of Luo Lingsheng.

Butler Qin was originally an assistant who worked for Luo Lingsheng’s father. He only became the butler of the Luo house later. His wife died of cancer at an early age and failed to leave him any offspring.

Over the years, he has never found another wife.

In Uncle Qin’s heart, he had already treated Luo Lingsheng and Little Goldfish as his own children and grandchildren.

Luo Lingsheng always remembered his kindness, but it was difficult for him to express it verbally. The day before yesterday, Shi Yunnan proposed having a celebration dinner, and he agreed.

In addition to the four of them, assistant Qin Jian and bodyguard Yuan Meng were also there.

For Luo Lingsheng, these two were the people who accompanied him through the brutal power struggle, and they were also his most indispensable right-hand men.

The group took the elevator upstairs.

The private room of the Imperial Palace Hotel was on the highest floor. You can feast on a fine meal while enjoying a bird’s-eye view of the entire Imperial Capital at night.

There were a total of four private rooms on the entire top floor, which were relatively more private than an ordinary restaurant.

The group walked out of the elevator, and before they reached the door of the reserved box, they saw that the elevator door on the other side had also opened.

Coincidentally, they were acquaintances.

Yuan Rui walked in front, followed by a middle-aged couple, and finally Lu Zhao’an came out.

Shi Yunnan thought for a moment and understood that the middle-aged couple were Yuan Rui’s parents and Lu Zhao’an’s master.

Yuan Rui’s gaze met Shi Yunnan’s, then swept his gaze to Luo Lingsheng and the others, “What a coincidence?”

Due to the previous three or four contacts, Yuan Rui’s attitude towards Shi Yunnan was not as bad as it was at the beginning.

Shi Yunnan responded, “It’s quite a coincidence.”

According to common sense, Yuan Rui, the “second male lead,” should be close to the protagonist, Xie Keyue.