CH 64.1

When Shi Yunnan arrived at the medical center with Little Goldfish, the rain became heavier once again.

Bean-sized raindrops slammed against the window, making a loud noise.

Shi Yunnan let go of Little Goldfish and shook his own rain-dampened hair, saying, “Fortunately, we rushed to the hospital before the rain grew stronger; otherwise, Little Goldfish and I would have become drenched chickens even with an umbrella.”

Luo Lingsheng took out a clean towel from the bathroom and beckoned to him, “Come here.”

Shi Yunnan smiled and leaned closer, letting Luo Lingsheng wipe the water off his body. “Are you tired? Why don’t you sleep a little longer?“

“I was just closing my eyes for a while when I was woken up by an emergency call.” Luo Lingsheng answered.

Out of the corner of his eye, he glanced at his little nephew, who was wiping his face with a towel and was too self-reliant.

Shi Yunnan thought it was something at work and wrinkled his brow, “Who’s bothering you at that hour?”

Little Goldfish had been snitching behind his little uncle’s back and was now feeling a bit guilty.

When he heard Shi Yunnan’s not-so-serious questioning, his face turned red, and he immediately directed his gaze at Luo Lingsheng for help.

Luo Lingsheng raised his lips slightly, “It’s fine, I just need to rest early in the evening.”

Shi Yunnan returned his gaze to Little Goldfish, who was blushing, and said, “Little goldfish, come here.”

“…..”

Little Goldfish blinked in confusion. His usually joyous pace now moved more slowly than a snail.

When he finally got to Shi Yunnan, he moved his lips, “Little uncle…”

Sorry, I shouldn’t be snitching.

Before Little Goldfish could say the apology, Shi Yunnan reached out and touched his forehead, his eyes full of worry. “Baby, are you not feeling well?”

“Don’t go out and wait for me in the rain, ok? You’ll catch a cold.”

Shi Yunnan noticed the change in Little Goldfish, and just as he was talking, he held his warm little hand again, “…Lingsheng, ask the nurse to bring a thermometer.”

Little Goldfish choked and suddenly slammed into Shi Yunnan’s arms, “Little uncle.”

The soft and waxy voice suddenly turned into a sob.

Shi Yunnan rubbed his head, “What’s wrong? You have to say it if you don’t feel well.”

“No.”

Little Goldfish turned his head to look at Luo Lingsheng, held back the moving tears, and thought about it for a long time before finding a suitable excuse, “I’m hungry!”

Luo Lingsheng knew why Little Goldfish was acting “strange.”

One was the fear of being found out after “snitching”, and the other was that he was moved by Shi Yunnan’s subtle concerns.