CH 31

Shi Yunnan was stunned for a second, then curled his lips, speechless.

He was so unlucky. He just blindly chose a shop on a whim and was lucky enough to win this ‘black shop’.

Shi Yunnan turned around and walked back to the original position without any fear, “Boss, I just handled it very carefully, where is the crack?”

The middle-aged boss showed a distressed look and pointed to a crack on the back of the jade carving, “Look, it’s here!”

Shi Yunnan followed his finger to see——

This jade carving had a ‘bamboo basket’ as the base, which was full of flat peaches, bergamot and other objects implying happiness, longevity and well-being.

In general, the craftsmanship of the engraving was smooth enough to show the skill of the engraver carver.

But this seemingly perfect work, at this moment, had an inconspicuous crack of six or seven centimeters at the back of the ‘bamboo basket’.

If you don’t look closely, it doesn’t really stand out.

But after a closer look, it does affect the price of the whole piece.

“See? You knocked against this place. Now I can no longer sell this even if I want to. You must compensate me!”

Shi Yunnan shook his head and retorted with a smile, “Boss, isn’t your porcelain touching[/mfn]A scam to extort money.[/mfn] technique too old-fashioned? It’s way too obvious that you’re deceiving others.”

“Young man, what did you say?”

The boss put the jade sculpture back on the velvet fabric, pointed to the surveillance cameras on the left and right sides, “You can see clearly, we have surveillance cameras in our store!”

He rolled up his thin lining sleeves, with the look of ‘Be reasonable to others’, “The first point is that you entered my shop yourself, and this jade carving is something you liked and picked, that’s why I opened the cabinet to take it out, isn’t that right?”

“That’s right!”

The clerk naturally spoke for his boss, “At first glance, you are an amatuer. There is a saying in our line of business that jade can’t be handed over. Do you know what it means?”

Shi Yunnan nodded calmly, “I know.”

Jade was a valuable item that could be easily knocked and bumped. If the seller and the buyer passed it directly by hand, it was often difficult to determine the responsible party in case of loss.

On the other hand, human hands were prone to secrete sweat, which could easily leave sweat stains on the surface of jade, and affect the gloss and cleanliness of the jade, and sometimes cause difficulties in cleaning.

Therefore, there was a saying in the industry that “Jade can’t be handed over”.

In recent years, in the process of passing jade, some sellers deliberately let go of the jade without waiting for the buyer to get a firm grasp, thus creating the “touch porcelain” situation to extort money.

There are many such unscrupulous merchants. Honest sellers and buyers have been paying special attention to this problem.

Having said that, this shop did take extra caution in this regard.

The middle-aged boss continued, “Secondly, I wear special gloves, and the counter is covered with velvet fabric. When I showed it to you just now, this jade carving was completely fine, and you didn’t raise any objections, didn’t you?”