CH 54.2

Shi Yunnan frowned slightly when he heard the words, “Mrs. Fang, you guys talk first.”

After he finished speaking, he took Yuan Rui and stepped outside.

Luo Yanchuan obviously didn’t expect to meet Shi Yunnan here, and the word “coincidence” floated in his heart until Mo Xuanqi’s voice brought him back to attention.

“Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Mo, I’m Luo Yanchuan.“

When Fang Ya heard herself being addressed like this, her slender eyebrows furrowed slightly, but Luo Yanchuan’s outpouring of help for her daughter was enough for her to ignore this little awkwardness.

“I’ve long heard Qiqi mention Young Master Luo. Thank you for…”

Yuan Rui, who was brought to the side, noticed something was wrong with his friend and asked in a low voice, “Yunnan, what happened to you just now?”

While asking, he turned his eyes back to Fang Ya and the others, “Why does the name Luo Yanchuan sound so familiar? Does he have anything to do with patriarch Luo?“

Shi Yunnan clinked his glass with him and said, “You really don’t know anything at all about these wealthy families in the Imperial Capital, do you?”

Yuan Rui shook his head, “I have nothing to do with them. Why should I know? It’s not like I’m from the Census Bureau1A bureau that provides data about the nation’s people and economy..“

Shi Yunnan helplessly laughed and simply explained, “Luo Yanchuan is the young master of Luo’s side branch. In terms of relationship, he is Luo Lingsheng’s cousin.”

“What?”

Shi Yunnan continued, “Didn’t Xie Keyue tell you before? The Shi family has encountered some liquidity problems, and they plan to marry me into the Luo family.“

Yuan Rui remembered such a thing had happened, then he heard his friend say, “Luo Yanchuan was originally the marriage partner arranged by old man Shi for me.”

“–poof!”

The champagne that Yuan Rui had just drank was spurted out on the spot.

There were several guests around who heard Yuan Rui’s movements and cast funny glances at them.

Seeing that he had the exact same reaction as Fu Ziyu at the beginning, Shi Yunnan’s eyes showed disgust, “Are you alright?”

Yuan Rui was choking until his face turned red, and his suit was also stained with some wine, “I’ll go to the bathroom first. I’ll come back to eat melon later.“

He dropped such a sentence and swiftly ran away.

Shi Yunnan ignored his friend who hurriedly ran to the bathroom. Once again, he looked at Fang Ya and the others who were talking and laughing not far away. His gaze gradually deepened.

Since Xie Keyue and Luo Yanchuan’s behind-the-scenes investment in the cosmetics industry went wrong, Shi Yunnan has not heard from Luo Yanchuan for a long time.

How come, after not seeing him for a long time, he has gotten involved with Miss Mo Xuanqi?

Shi Yunnan took a sip of champagne and used a wine glass to hide his observation.