CH 85.1

Shi Yunnan looked into Luo Lingsheng’s eyes and slowly confirmed the truth of his words.

With the rising tipsiness, he couldn’t help hugging Luo Lingsheng for a second, two seconds, three seconds… until Luo Lingsheng felt a warm wet feeling on his neck and shoulders.

“Yunnan?”

“I thought…” The humble and low whisper was full of grievance, “Even you don’t want me anymore.”

Luo Lingsheng’s heart was severely pierced by these words. All he wanted to do was lock his lover in his arms forever, “How could I not want you?”

Shi Yunnan felt the strength of Luo Lingsheng’s hug and couldn’t stop crying, “Then why didn’t you tell me before?”

“I just don’t want to take this matter lightly, much less guilt-trip you with my love……”

Luo Lingsheng’s palm caressed the back of Shi Yunnan’s neck. His tone was one of patience, doting, and self-blame.

“In the past, I didn’t think my legs would fully heal. Even if I knew you didn’t care, I still couldn’t let it go. Yunnan, I don’t want to be a burden to you.”

“Later, when I finally saw the turning point, I thought I would wait… because…”

“I want to stand in front of you with a healthy posture, protect you in times of danger, and hold your hand for the rest of my life.” Luo Lingsheng kissed Shi Yunnan’s hair, “You have to believe me.”

If he had known that Shi Yunnan’s accidental intrusion into the study and the items he saw would lead to such misunderstanding and despair, Luo Lingsheng wished he could turn back time and express his feelings.

Shi Yunnan responded sullenly and honestly, “…… I almost wanted to pack my bags and run away.”

If the “white moonlight” that Luo Lingsheng was thinking of was really Wen Yibei, then Shi Yunnan didn’t have the confidence to win against the other party. Rather than wait until the final truth was revealed, he might as well just walk away before his self-esteem was completely shattered and his inferiority completely exploded.

But he was reluctant.

He couldn’t let go of Luo Lingsheng, Little Goldfish, and this family.

Shi Yunnan didn’t realize until the decision was in front of him that his dependence had already taken root over time, and there was no possibility of him getting out.

“Escape to where?”

Luo Lingsheng asked, and while he was afraid, he was extremely glad that everything wasn’t too late. He slightly withdrew his body, allowing Shi Yunnan in his arms to easily meet his gaze.

The tips of their noses lightly brushed against each other. Luo Lingsheng said in a soft but firm voice, “Shi Yunnan, listen, when we first got together, I gave you three chances to leave, but it’s you who chose to stay.”

“Since you insisted on not leaving when my legs were bad, it’s even more impossible for me to let you go now and in the future.”

“Wen Yibei may be excellent in the eyes of others, but in my eyes, you are the one and only, and no one can replace you.”

The one and only?