CH 79.1

“I’m sorry uncle, wuwu, I lost the necklace my parents left me… I didn’t mean to…”

Little Goldfish apologized while wiping away his tears. Anyone who looked at this poor child would feel distressed, let alone Luo Lingsheng and Shi Yunnan, who were close relatives.

Luo Lingsheng frowned.

Because of the unexpected deaths of his sister and brother-in-law, he raised Little Goldfish as his “son” very early on. The discipline from childhood to adulthood was strict, but he had always been carefully protected. When has he ever been injured like this?

The redness and swelling on his forehead were bloodshot, and at a glance, it wasn’t a light bump.

Shi Yunnan was also distressed.

He hurriedly hugged Little Goldfish a little tighter and coaxed patiently, “Don’t cry, baby. Let’s take care of the swelling on your forehead and change the dirty clothes first. Your uncle and I will take you to retrieve the necklace later, ok?”

Little Goldfish noticed the mud stains on his clothes and trousers. He was afraid of soiling Shi Yunnan’s clean clothes, so he quickly took two steps back.

His reddened nose snorted as he tried to hold back his tears and shook his head, “I don’t feel pain. I’ll get my necklace back first, uncle. That’s the necklace my mother gave me… wuwu…”

As he talked, the grievances and self-blame broke out all of a sudden. Although his uncle and grandpa Qin didn’t say it clearly, he himself has long understood—

He was different from other children. He no longer had parents. The necklace he had worn around his neck since he was born was a gift from his parents.

Therefore, no matter how much he liked the jade pendant Shi Yunnan gave him, he was reluctant to take off the small fish necklace made of gold.

“Don’t cry.”

Luo Lingsheng carried Little Goldfish to his lap and brushed his teary eyes with his fingers, “Can you bear the pain on your forehead? Uncle will accompany you to get the necklace back.”

If the other things are gone, it doesn’t really matter. They can buy them later. It’s Little Goldfish’s wound that matters.

But Luo Lingsheng understood the significance of the necklace to his little nephew. He was afraid that if he went a little late, he would not know which child took it.

Little Goldfish hurriedly wiped away tears, hugged Luo Lingsheng’s wrist, and nodded obediently, ” I don’t feel pain.”

Seeing this, Shi Yunnan naturally followed the pair of uncle and nephew.

The sun was just setting on top of the mountain.

As soon as the three of them walked out of the Yuan family’s farmhouse, they heard the noise of children coming from the footpath in the field.

“Throw it at me, throw it at me!”

“I want to play too!”

“Here!”

Hearing the movement, Little Goldfish quickly pointed to the group of children, “Uncle, they took it away! Yes, it’s the brother in blue.”