CH 78.2

After half an hour,

After settling for lunch, the group planned to walk back to the homestay.

“Compared to last night, the daytime is indeed much more lively.” Yuan Rui let out a sigh of relief, seeming to have come out of that ‘unsettled state of mind.’

One of the main roads leading to the homestay happened to be the popular local ceramic market, with a dazzling display of handicrafts on both sides and exceptionally crowded with locals and tourists alike.

Perhaps it was because Luo Lingsheng was in a wheelchair that there would be inquiring eyes from time to time.

Shi Yunnan was more sensitive than Luo Lingsheng and bent over to ask, “Shall we go faster?”

Luo Lingsheng squeezed his lover’s fingers, not feeling embarrassed at all, “It’s okay, I’m used to such eyes, so let’s walk slowly since Jinyu is quite happy.”

For him, as long as Shi Yunnan was with him, it didn’t matter how others looked at him.

Luo Lingsheng mentioned, “Don’t you like it too? See if you can find some gadgets to take home.”

Shi Yunnan smiled, “Okay.”

While the two were talking, Yuan Rui, who was playing with Little Goldfish in front of them, was suddenly startled, “…brother?”

The moment the sound of surprise fell, he drew his legs and ran out.

“Yuan Rui!” Shi Yunnan caught his flustered whisper and immediately realized that something was wrong.

He glanced at Luo Lingsheng, and after the latter gave a tacit response, he quickly chased after him.

Shi Yunnan saw Yuan Rui go around to the back of one of the stalls, and before he could catch up, he heard an emergency braking sound.

bang!

The stall owners on the left side looked back in unison and were all shocked.

Shi Yunnan froze suddenly, and immediately pushed aside the crowd to see the situation.

On the path behind the stall, Yuan Rui was hit a few meters away by a heavy motorcycle and did not move. Right in the depths of the alley he was facing, there stood an unmistakably familiar back figure.

Shi Yunnan frowned and shouted, “Lu Zhao’an! Are you really going to leave Yuan Rui alone?”

As soon as the voice fell, Yuan Rui, who had fallen to the ground not far away, stumbled and got up.

His forehead was scratched with a blood stain, and the blood slid down his cheek.

His clothes and trousers were cut and scratched by the cement, all of which were piercing red.

“Yuan Rui.”

Shi Yunnan ran over anxiously.

The motorcycle driver who caused the accident was also frightened, “Y-young man, are you alright? Should I send you to the hospital now?”