CH 1

"Let him marry a stranger for commercial purpose? Keep dreaming!"

Shi Yunnan had just returned to the home country not long ago. At the moment, he was leaning against the hallway waiting.

The young servant coming out of the nearby study room with a tea tray couldn’t help but take a couple of glimpses when he met him——

The brown chestnut hair was a little long, the slightly raised tail hung on both sides of his neck, and the medium parted fringe couldn’t hide his delicate eyebrows.

The top two buttons of his shirt weren’t fastened, exposing the exquisite collarbones, oozing a kind of hot and captivating sex appeal.

Shi Yunnan noticed the servant’s gaze, and his tone rose, “Are you new here? You look quite unfamiliar.”

The faint overhead light reflected the smile in his eyes, which tantalized people’s hearts.

The young servant was startled, and even the roots of his ears appeared red, “Second young master, I…”

Before he could answer, there came a small chattering sound from the first floor——

“Why did the second young master come back during this critical juncture?”

“Who knows? Wasn’t he always being detested whenever he came back? How many years has he been sent abroad, where is his place in this family?”

“I heard that there was a problem inside the company, and the old master planned to call the second young master back for help.”

“Help? You’re kidding me. With regard to his extravagance and debauchery¹ lifestyle while spending time abroad, he is more likely to come back and compete with the third young master for family inheritance.”

[1- 花天酒地: [huā tiān jiǔ dì] : Flower and wine, an idiom refers life indulge in alcohol and women.]

Taking advantage of the leisurely moment before the mealtime, the rest of the servants hid in the utility room on the first floor, chatting in a low voice. At this moment, the voice continued to come up in a steady stream.

The same year that Shi Yunnan’s biological mother died, he was sent abroad by his family’s elders when he was less than eight years old.

At first, Shi Yunnan would return home during the holidays, but soon there was a new wife in the family, and the other party openly and secretly pushed him aside.

Father Shi defended him on the surface, but secretly taking side of the wife who entered the door later, and even the head of the family, old man Shi, was indifferent towards his grandson.

Shi Yunnan’s thoughts of his own family wore down and disappeared, and he returned home less often.

In a blink of an eye, he became a dispensable person in this family, and even the servants dared to talk behind his back.

Shi Yunnan listened to these derogatory remarks, and the smile in his eyes cooled.

The young servant panicked and was about to go downstairs to stop them, but Shi Yunnan picked up the cup on the tea tray first, “I’ll use this.”