Chapter 600

Samantha bit her lip and glared at Darryl. "Who are you trying to fool? Would she really die just by having the three needles removed?"

"Mother, please stop. Darryl is really sad. It was our fault. Please stop talking." Lily stomped her feet.

"You useless girl!" Samantha scolded. "Where is your pride?"

Samantha realized she was wrong, but she could not help herself.

"Lily, what happened to you? What has he given you? Even if he was rich previously, he is a poor man now. Why myst you be with him?

"It's fine then. I will just let you be. I am no longer your mother. I will move out tomorrow. I shall go home and pack my stuff. We are ending our relationship."

Samantha furiously stormed out of the room.

Lily rushed after Samantha, immensely worried. "Mother, listen to me."

Their voice went further and further away.

Darryl did not stop both of them from leaving. He sat beside the bed, completely devastated. he felt disappointed looking at Yvonne, whose eyes were still shut.

"Yvonne, please don't leave. Show me some signs if you can hear me. Move your fingers, blink, anything... Please, I am begging you..." Darryl called out for her gently. He held Yvonne's hand tightly, praying for a miracle.

On the other hand, Samantha walked fast outside the Young residence with her stilettos stomping on the street. Her face was full of anger and disappointment.

She mumbled to herself as she stormed off. "The useless one already had another woman. Why do I have such a silly daughter?"

"Mother, wait for me." Lily walked out of the Young residence and ran after her, looking worried.

Suddenly, a car came speeding towards her when she reached the middle of the road.

Screech!

The driver slammed the brakes, but it was too late. Lily was stunned, the car was speeding so fast, and she had nowhere to hide.

Bang!

The car hit Lily hard. She flew up as light as a flower petal before landing on the road. The street was painted with her blood.

"Lilybud!" Samantha screamed at the top of her lungs. She ran and held Lily as she started crying. "Lilybud, my daughter..."

She cried, and her heart shattered. Lily did not respond.

"Daughter, please don't scare me. You will be fine; you will be fine..." Samantha's tears were flowing. She pulled out her cellphone and dialed the emergency number. "Hello, send an ambulance! Please save my daughter..."

After she ended the call, Samantha hugged Lily tightly and cried. She felt as if her heart was sliced into pieces.

******

See you guys on book 4...