Chapter 548

It was evening.

Darryl's head was sweating as he carried bags full of items back to the Carter Mansion.

He bought a lot of wedding supplies such as candles, lanterns, and clothes.

Darryl carried those stuff and quickly jogged back to the mansion as he did not have much time left with Yvonne and had to make good use of every second with her.

As Darryl approached the room, he saw Sara walking toward him.

"Bro!" Sara called out and smilingly asked "Why did you buy so much stuff? What are they? Are these gifts for me?"

Sara was happy to hear from the housekeeper that Darryl had returned, thus she went looking for him.

Darryl put on a smile and said "I'm getting married today and these are the wedding supplies."

"Wow, you're getting married!"

Sara was stunned and excitedly said "Will there be many guests? I'm sure it'll be super lively!"

Darryl but his lip and shook his head. "I don't like when it's lively. No one knows about this wedding except for you."

Sara jumped with joy upon hearing his words. "Only I know about this? Then can I come to your wedding?" Sara asked with her urgent looking eyes.

Darryl sighed and smiled wryly. "Come then." said Darryl as he returned to his room.

It would take some time to decorate the wedding room and with his younger sister's help, Darryl would be able to spend more time with Yvonne.

Sara was extremely thrilled and gleefully walked into the room with Darryl. However, she was not aware that Yvonne was badly injured and would not live past tonight.

Yvonne lifted her head and saw Darryl had returned. A slight smile appeared on her pale face. However she was surprised the moment she saw Sara following behind Darryl. "This kid is..."

Darryl smiled and said "She's my godsister, she knows we're getting married so she came to help."

Yvonne nodded her head and could not help but smile when she felt Sara's youthful energy before praising "Your godsister is so likeable."

Upon hearing her words, Sara sweetly said "Sister-in-law, you're really pretty too. My brother is a lucky man for marrying sucha beautiful bride!"

Darryl and Yvonne exchanged looks with each other and smiled without saying a word. After a moment, Darryl handed the decorations to Sara and said  "I'll hand these duties to you. Help me decorate the room nicely."

"Sure!" Sara gleefully said as she received the decorations and started busying herself with the flowers.

Yvonne bit her lip and softly said to Darryl "Darryl, can you promise me something?"

"Definitely! Anything and everything. SAy it and I'll agree!" Darryl firmly responded.

Yvonne forcd a smile and said "During our wedding tonight, please... Please don't cry... I want my final moments to be a beautiful wedding with you... I want a happy wedding with you... I don't want to cry..."

"Sure..." Darryl felt a lump in his throat as he carefully supported Yvonne off the bed. "Yvonne, today is our wedding. I'll ofcourse be happy. Why would I cry? Look, I have brought so many wedding gowns for you, which one do you like?"

Darryl opened up a bag as he spoke and took our several wedding gowns. There were over 20 extravagant dresses.

"Darryl..."

Yvonne was stunned as she could hardly contain the joy inside her. "Why... Why did you buy so many?"

There were so many wedding gowns that Yvonne could not decide on which to wear.

Darryl smiled and passionately looked at Yvonne. "Today is our wedding day, my bride naturally has to dress beautifully! You have to be prettier than last time."

Ofcourse, Darryl was referring to Yvonne and Jeremy's wedding.