Chapter 579

This needed no thought—someone from Emei must have killed Adina and accidentally dropped her jade pendant! There was only one woman from the Emei sect in the entire Eternal Life Island—Megan Castello!

Darryl took a deep breath. He had seen this pendant when he entered Megan's house the first time. She told Darryl that she was from the Emei sect.

"Go and see if that woman, Megan Castello, is still in the room. Go!" Chester yelled.

"Yes... yes, master!" A few maidservants quickly ran off. They returned not long after.

They explained timidly "Master, that Emei woman has freed herself and left."

Chester trembled in anger. "Emei! I will make sure all of your followers die together with my wife!" he yelled.

Loud thunder rumbled, and heavy raind poured from the sky.

Chester hugged Adina tightly. He stood up slowly and walked toward the backyard.

Megan escaped Eternal Life Island on a fishermen's ship. Riding on the vast ocean, she sat on the deck, looking determinedly at the Eternal Life Island, which was gradually getting smaller by the minute. She did not regret stabbing Adina at all. The followers of the Eternal Life Palace were evil people who deserved death.

Megan took a deep breath. "Darryl, goodbye!" she muttered.

"Even though I stole your armor and manual, you are not a good person. I took them away from you so that you would not create more trouble. It has always been good versus evil since the dawn of time. You're with the Eternal Life Palace, and I'm from the Emei Sect. We shall not have anything to do with each other in the future." she mumbled to herself. Her expression was determined, yet she felt a little melancholic.

Finally, after a long time, the ship docked at Donghai City's port. Once she alighted, she immediately hailed a taxi to her master.

Darby Mansion's backyard.

Abbess Mother Serendipity was sitting in the pavillion in the Darby Mansion's backyard. She had a letter from the Emei Sect Master in her hand.

Previously, Elysium Gate's Indomitable Darby used Weak Poison to capture followers from the Six Orthodox Sects. It enraged them. They gathered together in Donghai City to discuss how to destroy Elysium Gate once and for all.

However, the Emei Sect Master could not attend. She needed to cultivate in seclusion as it was a crucial moment for her. She instructed Abbess Mother Serendipity to go on her behalf.

"Master..."

Megan quickly entered the backyard. Megan was surprised and overwhelmed, quickly burying herself in her master's arms.

"Master, I thought I would not be able to see you again!" Megan cried, looking jaded and tired. The Abbess' heart ached for her. She patted Megan's head and asked "Megan, what happened? Tell me, where have you been for the past two days? Were you busy at work?"

"No, I resigned a long time ago." Megan bit her lip.

Upon mentioning that she was captured on the Eternal Life Island, Megan was overcome with emotions. She cried and retold her account of how she was captured by the Eternal Life Palace Sect.

When she finished, she wiped her tears and bit her lip. "Master, you were right. Darryl does have a relationship with the Eternal Life Palace! No wonder he saved the Golden Lion during the Lion Slaughtering Conference. He's scum!" she cried.