Chapter 545

Darryl's mind went abuzz upon hearing Shelly's words!

Shelly was the best doctor in the entire Donghai City. It was truly the end if she said it was hopeless.

Darryl was rendered speechless as he felt a sharp pain in his chest and quietly carried Yvonne to leave the hospital.

Yvonne softly said "Darryl... Don't waste your energy, I... I just want to spend my final moments with you..."

Darryl was tearing as he walked to the the hospital's entrance. "No! I don't believe you can't be saved. This hospital is useless, let's go find another one. Yvonne, please hang on..."

Darryl carried Yvonne and went around Donghai City looking for a doctor like a madman.

It was unclear how many hospitals they visited, but all of them gave the same answer. "I'm powerless." Yvonne's spirit energy had been completely absorbed by Leroy. It was the equivalent of having her vitality drained from her. There was no way of saving Yvonne regardless of how advanced medical technology was.

Darryl felt completely hopelss when he walked out of the last hospital. He could not contain his anger any longer and unleashed it all at once!

"Ah!"

Darryl roared toward the sky and his voice could be heard across half of Donghai City!

Darryl's mind went blank as he held Yvonne tightly in his arms under the heavy rain.

"I'm sorry, Yvonne. I'm so sorry..." Darryl's body shivered as he muttered countless apologies but Yvonne lifted her head and kissed him before he could finish his last apology.

"Mmph

Darryl's voice suddenly stopped as he felt the sweetness of Yvonne's lips

Their kiss was over in a moment and Yvonne showed an affectionate expression as she rested against Darryl's arms. "Darryl, don't feel bad... I'm already quite satisfied being in your arms. Just keep hugging me like this, okay..."

Darryl felt even worse upon hearing her words and hugged her even tighter.

It was unclear how long they hugged each other, but Darryl had a sudden realization. "Oh right! I got it! Godfather would surely have a solution! Godfather knows a lot of martial artists, surely there's a way to save you!"

How could Darryl have forgotten about his godfather?

Darryl felt hope at that moment. He carried Yvonne, rushed toward the street, and hailed a cab for Mid City's Carter Mansion.

...

It was the break of dawn as the sun slowly rose over the horizons.

Another busy day had begun as the Mid City's streets gradually became lively. The air over the streets gradually became lively. The air over the streets was crisp after the previous night's downpour.

An extraordinarily imposing mansion stood at Mid City's most bustling area. It was none other that the Carter Mansion!

At that moment, Zoran was slowly enjoying his cup of tea in the hall. This tea-drinking habits of his had persisted for over 20 years, hence he had to drink a cup of tea every morning.

"Sir, You Master has returned!" The housekeeper hurriedly rushed into the hall and reported to Zoran.

Darryl had returned?

Zoran's face was immediately filled with smiles as he placed the teacup down and was about to happily welcome Darryl.

"Godfather!"

Before Zoran could even stand up, he heard Darryl's anxious voice as Darryl held Yvonne in his arms and hurriedly staggered into the hall.

Zoran noticed Darryl's bloodshot eyes and drenched body carrying a barely breathing woman who was as pale as a ghost.

Zoran was surprised and quickly walked toward Darryl. "Darryl, what happened to you? What's going on?"

Thud.

At that moment, Darryl immediately knelt. "Godfather, please save Yvonne. Save her, okay? I'm begging you..."