Chapter 538

Kingston walked over at that moment and sighed when he saw his daugther's depressed state before consoling her. "Yvonne, are you still thinking about Darryl? Everyone despises him right now while the Six Sects and every prominent family are thinking of ways to get rid of him. A man like him can no longer redeem himself, why are you still hung up on him? On top of that, he's colluding with the Eternal Life Palace Sect which in itself is an unforgivable act!"

Yvonne chuckled and did not say a word. Darryl was the best man in the entire world in her opinion! Yvonne would not believe any slander against him regardless of who said it.

Kingston was worried to see his daughter remaining silent. "Yvonne, don't think about Darryl anymore. The weather is fine today, let's go for a walk."

Yvonne remained silent as she shook her head.

Kingston started to feel anxious "My beloved daughter, will you go if I beg you!?"

Yvonne could not continue to stay cooped up at home. Otherwise, she would fall sick sooner or later!

"I'm begging you, the weather is pretty good today. I'll bring you to the beach..." said Kingston with an expectant face.

Sigh.

Yvonne felt helpless and plainly said "Alright, Dad. You don't have to say anymore. I'll go change my clothes, okay?"

"Sure, sure!" Kingston was extremely happy with his daughter's agreement. After so many days, his daughter was finally willing to leave the house and relax...

Three hours later, at Donghai City's Dragon Raising Lake.

Kingston and Yvonne were walking along the beach at Dragon Raising Lake.

Yvonne was familiar with Dragon Raising Lake as Donghai's City's prominent families had a trip here a few months ago. Kent had someone impersonate a shark during that time which unexpectedly attracted a real shark.

It was late autumn but the scenery here was still as mesmerizing with Gallery Twenty as still beautiful as ever and made everyone reluctant to leave.

"My daughter..."

Kingston felt relaxed when he saw the beautiful scenery before him and smilingly said to Yvonne "Look at how beautiful the view is. You'll feel much better after coming out for a walk. Don't always stay cooped up at home."

Yvonne forced a smile and did not say a word.

Kingston was about to speak but his cellphone suddenly rang. He took out his phone and saw the call was from an antique dealer.

It was unclear what the person on the ohter side said, but Kingston was really excited and replied "What? Alright, I'll go there right now!"

He hung up the phone after finishing his words and looked toward Yvonne. "My daughter, I've to go to Nanyang City. There's a set of antiques there which is said to be jade wares from the Han Dynasty Palace! I've to go and take a look as we'll be earning a lot again if this business is a success!"

Kingston laughed and continued "Stay here, relax, and enjoy yourself."

Kingston hurriedly left after finishing his words.

Yvonne remained indifferent upon seeing her father leaving. She slowly walked along the seaside and could not help but thought of Darryl.

She recalled being chased by a shark during the last trip. The situation was dangerous yet Darryl disregarded his own safety to stand in front of Yvonne and fight off the shark.

The situation at that moment was really perilous and Yvonne would have been dead were it not for Darryl.

Yvonne still remembered the scene clearly when Darryl killed the shark and was covered in blood! A certain warmth could be felt in her heart as she recalled these moments. However, she still showed a sorrowful expression.

'Darryl, I'm at Dragon Raising Lake again but where are you...' Yvonne thought.

"Haha!"

It was at that moment Yvonne heard a laugh from behind her!

Yvonne looked toward the sound's direction and saw a man and woman pair not far away. They slowly walked toward Yvonne's direction while chattering and laughing.

This man and woman were none other than Abbess Mother Serendipity and Kunlun Sect Master, Leroy! They were discussing how to eliminate Elysium Gate.

Yvonne was annoyed to see these two people.