Chapter 471

Sara, on the other hand, was elated! She hugged Darryl's arm and praised "You're amazing! Who knew you were so skilled at producing elixirs? Teach me next time!"

Darryl smiled at her and nodded "Sure, sure! I'll teach you, but stop shaking me. My body can't handle it."

Sara laughed. She blushed and let him go as Ophelia approached him.

Darryl laughed, admiring her while checking out her alluring figure. "Chairlady Lane, you've lost the bet. Will you acknowledge me as your master by bowing down to me?

Ophelia's face flushed.

"Darryl, stop joking around!" Zoran exclaimed.

Ophelia was the highly-skilled and extremely powerful Chairlady of Jiangnan Elixir Association. How could she bow down and acknowledge a young guy like Darryl as her master?

Ophelia calmed herself down and pleaded "Darryl, I really want you as my disciple. Will you think about it?" She needed to have him as her disciple. if not she would deeply regret not having such a talented student.

"I can't afford it." Darryl laughed and continued "Though I won this competition, so you should acknowledge me as mast-"

He suddenly felt his throat being blocked, and no sound could escape his lips.

Ophelia whispered "If you follow me, this Nine Day Yang Herb will be yours."

A flaming red herb was in her palm. Its aura was so powerful that it attracted everyone's gaze.

Everyone was stunned silent.

Darryl slowly came to his senses. He could not hide the excitement in his heart. He said hoarsely "Is... is that the Nine Day Yin Yang Herb?"

The Nine Day Yin Yang Herb was one of the rarest herbs on earth. This herb only grew in the highest peak of the snowy mountains. It was extremely rare.

"Darryl, if I'm not mistaken, you've lost all your powers?" Ophelia smiled. "You might not be able to cultivate for the rest of your life. But, if you have the Nine Day Yin Yang Herb, you could regain your powers and continue cultivating."

"Haha! This must be fate! It's fate!" Zoran laughed. He patted Darryl's shoulder and said "Darryl, I knew it was only a matter of time when you could regain your powers! It must be luck that Chairlady Lane has the herb― you and Chairlady Lane are destined to be!"

Seeing that Darryl was still stunned, Zoran pressed on. "What are you waiting for? Acknowledge your master!"

As long as his godson regained his powers, him being Ophelia's disciple was not a bad thing at all. Furthermore, Ophelia had a wide network of connections. Her elixir producing skill was one of the best, Darryl would learn much from her.

Darryl took a deep breath, feeling overwhelmed. Even though he did not want to be Ophelia's disciple, she was his only hope―he had no other choice.

At that, Darryl bowed down to her "Darryl Darby acknowledges Ophelia Lane as his master."

Ophelia was elated when he finally laid his ego to rest. She smiled in relief and nodded. "Good, good. My good disciple."

"Darryl, that's not how you do it. You have to bow properly." Ewan said coldly.

"Ewan." Ophelia interjected, smiling at Darryl. "I'll forego these customs for now."

She handed the herb to Darryl.