Chapter 505

Declan and the others were dumbfounded. They glanced at each other bitterly.

It was not a small amount even though they were from wealthy families! It was quite different when one compared 20 billion bucks' worth of assets with 20 billion bucks in cash!

Even the most influential families would only have three million bucks in cash. It would be near impossible to get 20 billion!

However, they were not in a position to refuse the offer!

"Do you have the money or not?" Ocean roared; he had lost his patience.

"Yes, yes―" Declan, who was still on his knees, repeatedly shouted as he forced a smile on his face. "Can you give us a few minutes to collect the money?"

Ocean waved his arm impatiently. "You have ten minutes. Hurry."

He retracted his blade as two of his men took two chairs to the leaders. Ocean and River took the seats.

Declan got up frightfully and gestured to his classmates to gather around him.

"What should we do?"

The students discussed in a panic.

Even Kent was nervous as he whispered "I've heard about the Powter brothers. They made a reputation in the martial arts community a long time ago for being powerful and ruthless. I thought that they have retired because they have been idle for the past two years. I didn't expect to see them in charge of the Coastline Sect!"

He gulped and smiled bitterly when he made his next suggestion. "I think we'll have to pay them. We can't afford to offend these people."

The students were silent.

Kent was right; they were outnumbered.

They were only weak kids.

Yvette bit her lips with a dignified expression and said firmly "They are greedy, they marked up the amount just because they have the numbers. We can't pay them."

It was an insanely large amount of money.

Declan and Kent frowned as they advised her.

"Yvette, a wise man doesn't fight agains impossible odds."

"Exactly! Those two are too strong and look at how many men they have! We'd never win."

It was clear that they were ready to surrender.

Yvette's face was flushed with unwillingness. "You are from prominent families in Donghai City! Are you going to surrender when you are bullied in your own backyard? Can you guys have more courage?"

The students fell into an awkward silence.

Kent clenched his teeth; his face was flushed with determination. "Fine, we are respected people, so we can't give in. I'm calling my dad."

It would be too embarrassing for him to keep his head in the sand after what Yvette had said.

He walked some distance away from the students and took out his cellphone to call his father, Edward Hough.

Declan, Justin and a few others did the same thing.

Kent's call got through soon enough.

Kent started to explain. "Dad, I'm at the beach with my friends, and we got into trouble with the Coastline Sect. Ocean Powter is their head..."

"What? Coastline Sect?"

Edward immediately paled; he scolded his son on the other side of the call. "You idiot! Why did you offend the Coastline Sect? I'll have to ask someone to negotiate with them for our family's sea dealings, or our products will never be shipped out! I'm warning you, just do as they say! Don't bring your troubles home, understood?"

He hung up immediately after that.

Kent's forehead was covered with cold sweats.

'D*mn it! Is Dad inferior to the Coastline Sect? What are we going to do?'

Justin's expression soured when his dad hung up the call on him. "I told my dad what happened, and he scolded me badly. He told me not to offend them. I think we'll have to come up with the money."

The crowd went silent; and invisible tension was in the air.

Everyone racked their brains to get 20 billion bucks, but there was no way to do that!

Then, someone spoke calmly.

"Why don't I discuss it with them? I'll ask them to do me a solid and let us go."

It was Darryl!

'What?'

The students shifted their attention toward Darryl, and their gazes were filled with disdain. One of the girl said "Darryl, we're trying to find a way to come up with the money. Can you not trouble us at this moment?"