Chapter 490

Jean approached Zephyr and spat "Dax is a criminal who has connections with the Eternal Life Palace. Who are you to decide whether he stays or go?"

"I'll say it once more, the Elysium Gate is here to take Dax Sanders." Zephyr smiled.

A Tri-pointed Double-edge sword appeared. He released his Internal Energy, and it exploded throughout the room. After consuming the Godly Pill, Zephyr was now a Level one Martial Marquis.

The Elysium Gate men pulled out their long sabers.

"You..." Jean took a step back in fear.

Zephyr leaped toward Dax and slashed the ropes bound him. It all happened so quickly that the Emei followers barely had time to react.

Jean was afraid and furious as she yelled "What are you doing! You have no respect for the Emei Sect!" The Emei followers shouted at them too, but no one dared to attack. After all, they were heavily outnumbered.

Zephyr glared and said "The Elysium Gate acts indomitably!" He took Dax and his family away.

"You!" Jean stomped her feet but did not dare chase after them.

Abbess Mother Serendipity returned to the Darby Mansion after an hour. She was livid that Dax was rescued.

Slam!

She crushed the wooden stake that Dax was tied on. She said darkly "Elysium Gate, you watch out!"

"Master, should we take revenge?" Jean asked.

"The Elysium Gate is a powerful and famous sect. We'd better not." The Abbess shook her head. "Especially the Sect Leader, Indomitable Darby, he's extremely mysterious. No one has seen him before. I'm afraid he's not someone that we can offend."

"Master, should we just swallow our pride?"

"What else can we do?"

Back in Darryl's room in the Carter Mansion, Susan was panicking.

"Darryl, I'm begging you. Forgive Rachel, please?" She pleaded quietly. "Please don't tell Zoran that she tricked you into entering the forest. I'm sure she regrets doing it. Your sister is still young and immature, don't stoop to her level." She bit her lip.

Immature?

Darryl laughed, but he was furious inside. "Auntie Susan, stop." he scoffed. "She is an adult. She and Ewan led me into the forest. They wanted me to die!"

If it were not for his luck by stumbling upon the Bai Qi Formations, he would have died in there! Rachel wanted him dead, so why should he forgive her?

Susan was helpless and anxious. She tried to persuade Darryl, yet he did not listen. She was running out of ideas.

"Auntie Susan, I want to rest. You should go." He dismissed her.

Darryl downed a bottle of medication. It was given to him by Zoran to help strengthen his body. His body was still weak since getting out of the forest. The medication would help him.

"Let me help you." Susan offered. She was about to grab the bottle when she tripped over.

"Auntie Susan!"