Chapter 574

The thought of Megan still made Darryl angry. However, he wanted to have a good time with his brothers. He put Megan in the back of his mind.

"Drink up, drink up!" Dax lifted his wine glass and shouted "You all have to promise not to force the alcohol out with Internal Energy! Then, we'll see who has the worst tolerance!"

"Who's afraid of you? Drink!" They clinked their glasses and downed the wine. They did not have enough wine, so they swapped their glasses for bowls instead. They drank bowl after bowl of wine.

It was said that men bonded through alcohol. That was the truth.

They did not know how much they had drunk. Suddenly, Chester lifted his bowl as he stood up and declared "Darryl, Dax, it is my honor to have known you two. Shall we officially become sworn brothers?"

"Yes!" They looked at each other and laughed.

Dax slammed the table. "Brother Chester, I ahve the same thought! Haha!"

Ever since Callum Webb transferred all his Internal Energy to Dax, he had a sudden affinity to the Eternal Life Palace. After he came to Eternal Life Island and met Chester, Golden Lion, and the others, his fondness for the sect increased. These men were honest and just!

He longed to form a relationship with them. When Chester wanted to become sworn brothers, he naturally agreed!

Darryl was overjoyed too. He stood up and filled their bowls with wine. He slashed his index finger with his Blood Drinking Sword

Shing!

A drop of blood dripped into the wine.

To become sworn brothers, they would have to drink each other's blood in wine.

Chester looked at the two men, smiling back at them. They proceeded to do the same, dripping their blood into the wine.

Thud.

The three of them knelt and bowed to the sky to complete the swearing-in.

"Lord on high, today, I, Chester Wilson."

"I, Darryl Darby."

"And I, Dax Sanders."

"We agree to help each other through thick and thin. The lord as our witness, we agree to become sworn brothers!" They yelled proudly in unison.

Thud! Thud! Thud!

They bowed three times to the sky and helped each other up.

According to their age, Chester was the eldest. Darryl was the middle, and Dax was teh youngest.

They were used to their previous ways of addressing each other. Suddenly having to change their names to 'eldest brother' or 'second brother' was slightly awkward, so they stuck to their old ways.

Back at the table, the others were extremely excited. They drank non-stop.

After lots of wine, Darryl complained lightly. "Brother Chester, why are all the dishes vegetarian?"

After lots of alcohol—ofcourse—they would want to eat meat.

Chester laughed. "You two should know that tonight's dishes were all made by my wife! She's a vegetarian. She feels that eating them equals killing them, so she does not let me eat meat. I hope you two might understand! Haha! My wife knew that you were coming, so she insisted on cooking for the both of you. I could not even stop her! So, I hope you bear with me! Haha!"

At the mention of his wife, Adina, Chester's face was filled with joy. Chester really loved his wife.

"Ah, so that's why." Darryl laughed. Darryl had a great first impression of Chester's wife. Adina was a motherly woman with a gentle expression. Anyone could see that she was an exceptionally kind woman.

Truth be told, Adina's cooking was excellent. It tasted amazing! Chester must have done something great in his past life that he could marry a woman like that.

Chester smiled. "By the way, I did not get to properly introduce Adina to you this afternoon. I'll get her to come to meet you all."

Chester instructed a maidservant. "Go to the kitchen and see if Adina is almost done. Get her to come to see my brothers."

"Yes, Master." The maidservant agreed and quickly left the hall.

Dax laughed. He asked Chester "Brother Chester, how did you and Adina meet?"

Chester took a gulp and gushed "Adina and I were schoolmates. She was the daughter of a wealthy family. I was just a poor student back then, and I had not joined the Eternal Life Palace. We were desk mates, and our feelings grew over time."

Chester smiled bitterly. "Though we were still students, I was from a poor family. How could I be with a wealthy heiress? She was kicked out of her family because of me. I was guilty, and I felt that I did not give her a comfortable life. When I joined the sect, she accompanied me to this island, so I owe a lot to her. Hence, why I want to love her back as much as I can."

At that, Chester smiled happily.

Dax and Darryl looked at each other and smiled. Adina finally could reap her rewards, now that Chester is the Sect Master. He looked over one hundred and eighty thousand followers.