Chapter 513

Megan was relieved when Darryl agreed to forgive her. Her cellphone in her pocket rang. Megan's jeans were tight, so she struggled to pull it out. Her face froze when she saw the number on the screen.

It was Jean, a member of the younger generation. Megan had never had a good relationship with Jean, so it must be her master.

Megan answered the call immediately. As expected, Abbess Mother Serendipity's voice said "Megan."

"Yes, Master." Megan answered softly. It was rather late; why would her master call her?

"I heard that Darryl is back to Donghai City, do you know about it?" Abbess Mother Serendipity asked casually. Megan's body shivered; she could hardly hold onto her cellphone.

How did Abbess Mother Serendipity learn about Darryl? Did she know that Megan was meeting Darryl? Her master hated him. Megan shook as she said "I—"

Abbess Mother Serendipity interrupted her. "Megan, you are the most capable member in our Emei family, and you are also the eldest disciple. I have an important task for you."

Megan sighed in relief; it was only a task. She smiled and nodded. "What task is it, Master? I shall complete it."

"Great." Abbess Mother Serendipity nodded to herself as she spoke carefully. "As you know, during the Lion Slaughter Conference, that loser, Darryl, won the first prize. GHe has the right to execute the Golden Lion, but he let him go. Golden Lion must have given the Supreme Mystery Scripture to Darryl."

Abbess Mother Serendipity paused slightly before she said "Everyone knows that there are seven books for the Supreme Mystery Scripture. If one could gather all the books and understand the secret in it, one could conquer the whole world. This scripture should not be in Darryl's hands. Find a chance to meet him and then steal the scripture from him. Do you understand?"

What?

Megan's body shivered, and she bit her lips tightly.

How could she do that?

Megan cried. "Master, I can't do that."

Megan was not willing to do that.

Megan had stabbed Darryl with her sword at the Lion Slaughter Conference. She still felt guilty about that. How could she steal the scripture from Darryl? That was not right.

"Why not? Why can't you do it?" Abbess Mother Serendipity sounded unhappy. "I'm warning you; the Supreme Mystery Scripture is very important. It is essential for our Emei family too. Even if there is no benefit to our Emei family to have the scripture, we still cannot allow it to be in the wrong person's hand. You' ll have to do it even if you don't want to."

"Master, please give this task to another person, please...."

"No." Abbess Mother Serendipity was stern. "You have some connection with that useless man. Since you injured him, he would definitely agree to meet you if you were to ask him out. Megan, you cannot disobey me."

"You are very talented lady, and you are the leader of the younger generation of the Emei family, so don't disappoint me. If you refuse to get the scripture, then our relationship shall end here." Abbess Mother Serendipity said coldly.

She ended the call immediately.

Megan sat there in shock and worried. Her happiness vanished at that moment; she wanted to cry.