Chapter 544

"Yvonne, don't scare me alright..." Darryl was teary-eyed as he choked on his words! He felt like being stabbed in the heart!

Darryl could feel Yvonne's breath slowly weakening.

At that moment, Yvonne snuggled in Darryl's arms. She felt exhausted but eventually forced a smile "I... I'm fine, I just feel really tired..."

"Yvonne, listen to me. You'll be alright. We'll be alright..." Darryl's voice trembled as he spoke softly.

Abbes Mother Serendipity cackled coldly before Darryl could finish his words. "Still flirting even at death's door. Darryl, there's no way for you to escape today. I must kill you on behalf of your grandfather, this Darby family's disgrace!"

Abbess Mother Serendipity flicked her wrist and a longsword appeared in her hand. She then trust it toward Darryl without any hesitation!

Darryl gritted his teeth. He was not willing to drag out the fight and forced her back by swinging the Blood Drinking Sword at Abbess Mother Serendipity. He then took the chance to escape with Yvonne in his arms!

"Stay right here!" Abbess Mother Serendipity wanted to give chase but she was too slow as Darryl had already disappeared into the night's darkness.

Sigh...

Darryl escaped again!

Abbess Mother Serendipity was displeased and let out a long sigh before shifting her gaze toward Leroy.

At that moment, Leroy had just absorbed Yvonne's spirit energy and was preparing for his Level Four Martial Saint's ascension.

Abbess Mother Serendipity stared at Leroy with surprise. 'Sect Master Henderson is truly a martial genius. He managed to ascend from Level One Martial Saint to a Level Four Martial Saint in just a few days...' she thought.

...

Meanwhile, Darryl held onto Yvonne as he ran as fast as he could.

It had not been raining for half a month in Donghai City, but today suddenly started storming. The stormy weather coincidentally matched Darryl's frantic emotions.

"Yvonne, please hang on. We're almost reaching the city. Almost at the hospital, hang on." Darryl desperately exclaimed at Yvonne while his entire body was denched by the rain.

Yvonne was in a critical condition, but she still raised her hand and gently caressed Darryl's face. "Darryl, I never imagined I'll love someone so much in my life." Yvonne's voice was soft and weak as she continued "My biggest wish is to be with you, to be able to open my eyes and see you every day, but this wish will never be fulfilled, I... I'm going now..."

Darryl's heart was aching with tears in his eyes. "What nonsense are you talking about? Yvonne, stop talking nonsense!"

Yvonne chuckled weakly. "I'm not talking nonsense... I won't be able to live much longer, I can feel it..."

Darryl was heartbroken upon hearing her words. He silently gritted his teeth as he desperately ran with Yvonne in his arms!

...

Donghai City First Hospital.

It was late at night with only a few doctors and patients in the hospital.

Bang!

Darryl went to the emergency department and kicked open the door!

"Shelly. Get me Shelly! Quick!" Darryl exclaimed loudly as he was about to break down.

There were a few nurses in the emergency department who knew Darryl. Even so, they dared not speak up when they saw Yvonne in his arms and immediately called Shelly.

Coincidentally, Shelly was working the night shift tonight and she quickly left her office with her white coat on when she heard of Darryl's arrival.

Shelly hastily walked down the emergency department's hallway and when she saw the drenched Darryl, she could not help but say "Darryl, what are you doing here at this hour? Why are you so wet..."

"Quick. Save her, quick!" Darryl was in no mood for small talk and exclaimed like a madman.

At that moment, Darryl was like a cornered animal with his terrifying blood-red eyes.

Shelly trembled, quickly stepped forward, and reached out her hand to check Yvonne's pulse.

Shelly's expression instantly changed upon cheking Yvonne's pulse!

"Darryl... H-her breath is extremely weak and her heart could stop at any moment. I-I'm, afraid I'm powerless..." Shelly dared not look at Darryl's eyes and simply lowered her head while speaking cautiously.

She had been a doctor for so many years and that was her first time encountering such a medical condition.