Chapter 488

Susan walked toward his bed and sat on it. She looked at Darryl and asked "Darryl, you seemed weak when you first came out of the forest. How are you feeling now?"

Darryl was stunned. If Susan came all the way to his room to ask how he felt, why did she lock the door?

"I feel much better after a great meal." he chuckled.

Susan nodded and smiled. "That's a relief."

They looked at each other for some time, sitting together in silence. Darryl could not take it no longer. He laughed awkwardly and asked "Auntie Susan, is there anything I could help you with?"

Susan bit her lip. She came here for Rachel. If Darryl had spread the news about how Rachel tricked him into entering the forest, she would definitely be beaten to death bu her father. She had to stop him no matter waht.

She gritted her teeth and poured Darryl a cup of tea. She walked towards him and offered him teh cup. "Darryl, here. Have some tea."

What?

Darryl was slgihtly caught off guard. He looked at her in confusion and asked "Auntie Susan, what's the matter?"

Susan was only a step away from Darryl. He could even smell the perfume on her.

Susan looked down and mumbled "Darryl, I have a favor to ask of you."

"What favor?" Darryl asked.

Susan was quiet before she said slowly "Could you not tell your godfather that Rachel tricked you into the peach blossom forest?"

It was about this! Darryl clenched his fist tightly, completely livid.

"No." Darryl said firmly. he did not give it a second thought.

"You!" Susan stomped her feet. She immediately softened her tone. "Darryl, please, I'm begging you."

Back in Donghai City, Abbess Mother Serendipity captured the Sanders in the Darby Mansion. Dax, Nancy and Saul were tied to a wooden stake in the backyard. They were weak and drenched with blood.

Tens of Emei sect followers surrounded them, glaring at them coldly.

Jean Xander―one of Abbess Mother Serendipity's disciple―trudged toward Dax with a whip in her hand. "Tell us, what connections do you have with the Eternal Life Palace?" she interrogated "Why did Darryl let the Golden Lion go?"

For the past few days, the Emei followers had tried all sorts of ways to get Dax to confess. However, he kept insisting he had no relationship whatsoever with the Eternal Life Palace. Abbess Mother Serendipity had other business to attend to, so before she left. She instructed Jean to interrogate Dax.

Dax snickered. He spat out blood as he spoke "I've told you many times. Darryl and I have nothing to do with the Eternal Life Palace! What don't you f*cking understand?"

"The Emei sect is considered a righteous sect. How could you kidnap people without knowing the truth? Now, you've coerced us into admitting something we did not do. Don't you think the Emei sect would be the butt of the joke if word gets out?"

Slap!

Jean whipped Dax. The whip was stained with his blood. Dax gritted his teeth, but he did not scream in agony.

It was painful, no doubt, but he was annoyed and insulted. he ruled over Donghai City. How could he be humiliated like this?

Jean growled "How dare you deny it? You and Darryl clearly had connections with them!" She whipped Dax again.