Chapter 435

Darryl scratched his head. "Uh... I already have a wife, Sir..."

There was a slight disappointment in Zoran's eyes as he said "Ah... That's alright. I guess your father must've forgotten about our agreement. We haven't seen each other for over 20 years after all. It takes a lot of effort for us to communicate with one another since technology back then isn't advanced and eventually we drifted apart. Speaking of which, where's your father?"

Darryl scratched his head and smiled. "My parents are in the countryside."

Darryl was speechless after bringing this up. He bought the mansion right next to Mansion No. 001 for his parents to enjoy, but these two old folks complained about lots of things including the lack of the countryside's freedom, and did not even stay for a week.

Darryl had no choice but to let them return.

Zoran nodded his head and solemnly looked at Darryl. "Darryl, by right you should've been my son-in-law due to the agreement between your father and I, but seeing that you're already married, how about you be my godson instead?"

What?

Zoran wanted Darryl to be his godson?

The surrounding people instantly froze in shock with an uneasy look on their faces. Everyone wanted to have Darryl as their apprentice, but Zoran unexpectedly made his own way and asked Darryl to be his godson.

Darryl scratched his head as he was uncertain how to reject him and simply said "Sir, I think I'll need my parent's approval before accepting a godfather, right..."

"Give me your father's number. I'll call your father right now." said Zoran.

Zoran really dialed the number which Darryl gave him.

The following scene proved that Zoran and Darryl's father was indeed good old friends. Both of them were happily chatting away for over 10 minutes before Zoran brought up the main topic. He told Daniel he wanted to be his godson.

Daniel without even thinking said "Zoran, pass the phone to my son."

Darryl answered the phone and heard his father shouting from the other side. "Listen here you little brat. You'll be Zoran's godson from today onward, do you understand? Quick, call him Godfather."

"Uh..." Darryl's face was filled with anguish.

What was the meaning of this? Darryl's performance during the Lion Slaughtering Conference was exceptional but what he received was another father...

"You better call him quickly!" Daniel said angrily and was about to lose his patience.

"Godfather." mumbled Darry begrudgingly. He had no choice but to accept Zoran as his godfather.

Daniel nodded with satisfaction and hung up the phone after hearing his son call Zoran Godfather.

Zoran burst into laughter and patted Darryl's hand. "Son, I'll send someone to bring you to the Carter's residence as our guest once you've fully recovered. Well then, you should get some rest. We won't bother you anymore."

Zoran pulled the Six Sects' members out of the room as he spoke.

"Darryl, consider the Mountain Peak Sect. I'll accept you as my final disciple!"

"Xiaoyao Sect welcomes you too..."

The crowd of people was already at the entrance yet they still turned around and relentlessly threw their offers at Darryl.

...

In a luxurious mansion within Donghai City.

Evelyn flung the fruits on the table to the ground. The servants nearby were all so frightened that they dared not breathe aloud.

Everyone knew Evelyn was in a bad mood and no one dared to offend her.

"The Six Sects claimed to be honorable sects, yet they used such underhanded tactics! Otherwise, how could they capture Grandpa." Evelyn was so angry her chest trembled as she sat on the sofa.

Evelyn's grandfather was her only relative and she could not let anything happen to him!

Ring. Ring.

At that moment, Evelyn's phone rang.

She answered the call from Circe as she said "Evelyn, I just received news that Darryl is fine. The principal even handed him the private room key where they imprisoned your grandfather."

What?

Darryl was alive?

Evelyn was stunned and in complete disbelief upon hearing those words.

Darryl's lower energy field was stabbed by that Emei Sect lady on the battle stage.

The energy field was a cultivator's most vital area.