Chapter 443

Darryl shrugged his shoulder and left. He had no time to argue with Evelyn as he had more important matters at hand which was to obtain the scripture!

Zion looked toward Evelyn after seeing Darryl was long gone and softly reprimanded her. "Evelyn, Mister Darryl had saved my life twice. How can you be so rude to him?"

Evelyn raised her eyebrows and coldly snorted. "Grandpa, this man is a bastard. I'm already behaving rather politely to him just now."

In just over a day, this bastard had ordered Evelyn around and humiliated her numerous times.

The worst part was Evelyn had even accompanied him into the washroom.

Evelyn would never forget the humilation she suffered for the rest of her life.

She wanted to kill Darryl were it not for the fact her grandfather needed to rest after being released. Darryl should consider himself lucky that Evelyn let him go!

Evelyn would get her payback eventually!

...

In the mountains north of Donghai City.

Darryl was walking along the forest path on this huge mountain alone while being accompanied by the sounds of insects and birds around him.

The sky was dark and looked like it was about to rain, but the weather was still rather hot.

"Come on, quickly rain..." Darryl wiped the sweat off his head. The weather was simply too hot and Darryl hoped for the rain to fall quickly so he could cool off. Darryl felt a little dejected at the moment as he thought the place Zion mentioned would be  easy to find, but he found that it was really difficult upon his arrival.

'Damn it, these mountains are huge. How am I supposed to find the valley?'

Darryl complained as he walked through the bunch of trees in front of him and his eyes suddenly became wide open!

Darryl had found the stone ruin!

He instantly smiled upon seeing the scenery before his eyes and hastened his steps. Zion was right. There really was a stone ruin in the valley!

These must have been an ancient palace that collapsed and only these stone pillars ruins remained.

Darryl felt as though he had stepped into the past upon arriving at the location.

"These carving techniques and art on the pillars resemble the ancient Tang Dynasty..."

Darryl took a look around and mumbled to himself. He then walked toward the northeats location Zion mentioned where the scripture was hidden.

'One, two, three. This is the third pillar. The scripture should be right here.'

Darryl knelt down and pulled out a package wrapped in oil paper from a crack beneath the pillar. He was instantly ecstatic upon opening up the package!

It was yellow-covered book with the words Supreme Mystery Scripture written on it.

The scripture gave Darryl a quaint feeling and a single look was enough to determine its authenticity. Darryl finally had it at hand.

Darryl suddenly recalled the Eternal Life Palace Sect had given a fake scripture to the Cult Master during his birthday upon seeing its yellow cover. The fake volume also had a yellow cover.

Darryl's hands trembled as he proceeded to open the scripture without a second thought.

The Supreme Mystery Scripture contained a huge secret. Anyone who managed to discover it would be able to unify and control the martial arts world. This was a treasure greatly desired by numerous cultivators!

No one could resist reading the scripture and Darryl was no different!

However, Darryl felt disappointed as there was nothing interesting in the scripture at all. It was filled with famous Taoist quotes and not a single martial art technique.

'Damn it, where's the secret? Could it be that I have to collect all seven volumes to see it?'

Boom!

At that moment, a thunderbolt appeared followed by the downpour of rain.

'It's finally raining. The heat is killing me!' Darryl complained in his mind as he quickly wrapped up the scripture and looked for the shelter.

It was at that moment darryl was suddenly stunned!

He noticed to his surprise that some writings had appeared on the first stone pillar after it was drenched by the rain!

'Damn, there's actually words on this stone pillar?'

Darryl was curious and he walked to the stone pillar for a proper look.

'Three, I, two, sky, mountain, scripture, king... What's the meaning of this? These words make no sense! Perhaps it needs to be rearranged?'

Darryl was deep in thought as he stared at the stone pillars forgetting to blink.