An Afternoon Surprise (Detective!Brienne x Florist!reader) Detective/Florist AU

Brienne sighed and rubbed her neck. She loved her job as a detective, but it was the most stressful thing in her life. "Case getting to you, Wench?" Brienne glared at her partner, Jaime. The nickname was an old one from when Brienne worked at a bar while she was in college. "Not at all. Just tired. I could use a break." Jaime smirked and shook his head. "Can't we all," he muttered. Brienne did her best to ignore him.

In truth, there was more to it than just needing a break. The case they were working had kept her busy for the last several days. It kept her so busy that she'd barely had time to see the most important person in her life. The two of you had been in a relationship for a few years now, not that anyone in Brienne's work except Jaime knew that. Since the case had started, she had only seen you a couple of times and it was starting to get to her.

You were her rock in the tough times. Whenever Brienne had a case that got to her or when she got irritated with the slightest things, you were there for her with a smile and an offer of cuddles. Brienne secretly loved to cuddle and that was something you took advantage of quite frequently.

Brienne was lost in thought and didn't hear the noise picking up around her. "Hey, Wench." Brienne was pulled out of her thoughts by Jaime's voice. He sported a huge grin. Brienne's brows drew together in confusion as to why her partner was smiling so much. He nodded his head. Brienne followed his gaze behind her and her jaw dropped.

"Y/N?" She knew you couldn't hear her over the hustle and bustle of the precinct, but your gaze found her anyway. You smiled, said something to the officer next to you, and made your way over to Brienne and Jaime. "W-What are you doing here?" Brienne asked as soon as you were close enough to hear. You showed her the flowers and cups of coffee you had in your hands. "I thought you could use a little pick-me-up. You've been working so hard. I got coffee for Jaime too." You leaned over and kissed her cheek, instantly making her face turn the color of a tomato.

"Whoa, Tarth I didn't know you were dating anyone." Brienne turned to see Tormund standing there, a look of defeat on his face. She stood up and wrapped an arm around you. "Y-Yeah. I do. Y/N and I have been together for a couple years." Tormund finally smiled a little. "Well, that explains a lot." With that, he walked off.

"Is that the one you were telling me about? The one that couldn't take a hint?" Brienne nodded. "I think he gets it now. I've never seen such a look on his face," Jaime said with a laugh as he rolled a chair over to you. "Have a seat, Y/N." You set the coffee down on the desk and gave Brienne the flowers. Her face was still bright red. It looked almost comical against her platinum blonde locks.

"You didn't have to do this, Y/N. Won't your boss be upset?" You laughed softly. "I know, but I wanted to. You deserve flowers every day. And no he won't." You kissed her cheek again. She wasn't much for PDA, but for some reason, she didn't mind as much when you kissed her. "I know you can't tell me about the case you're working on, but at least tell me that you're doing okay."

The three of you sat talking for a bit, but you kept getting distracted. Finally, Brienne asked, "What's bothering you?" You looked back at her. "Everyone is staring over here. Why?" Jaime chuckled. "It's because no one knew Wench here was dating anybody. They thought she was a crazy cat lady." Brienne glared at Jaime and you gave her hand a pat. "Oh, who cares what they thought." Brienne laughed. "Right. Besides, you've got the best looking person by your side, Wench. Time to show off."

You laughed heartily and shook your head. "No time for that today, I'm afraid. I have to get back. The flowers won't arrange themselves." You stood up with Jaime and Brienne. Brienne looked disappointed. You took her hand in yours and smiled. "Hey, don't worry so much. I'll see you tonight, okay?" Brienne nodded. You pressed your lips to hers and the room erupted in cheers.

You pulled away from your lover, whose face was once again bright red. After another kiss to the cheek, you left the room. As soon as you were gone, the others turned to Brienne. "Nice going, Tarth!"

"That one's a keeper!'

"I wish my wife would do things like that for me!"

Brienne couldn't help but grin. Her day had just gone from horrible to great just because you came and showed her that you were thinking of her even when she hadn't been able to give you the attention you deserved. She sat back down, her eyes finding the flowers on her desk. She promised herself that she would wrap up the case as soon as she could so she would be able to spend time with you and show you just how much you meant to her.