Leave Him Alone (Tywin Lannister x fem!reader)

All-in-all, Tywin wasn't a bad husband. Sure, you'd fought against the arranged marriage with everything you had in you to fight. But, as time wore on, you discovered that the man wasn't as bad as he seemed, at least not all the time. It was clear to you that, although he wasn't thrilled about the idea of marrying again, Tywin was going to do his best to be a good husband and provider. Not a bad match really. However, there was one thing that irked your nerves like no other.

Tywin already had three children when you married him. The twins and Tyrion. Tywin was strict with his children, that was true, but he loved them. Except for Tyrion it seemed. Tyrion could do no right in his father's eyes and that irritated you. The boy tried his hardest, but it was never good enough. Tywin was never happy with Tyrion. He would berate him and be much quicker to temper with Tyrion than with either one of the twins. It wasn't fair and one day, you decided to speak up.

Tywin was angry with Tyrion yet again. The boy had failed to be successful at something all other lords were able to do. You could almost feel the shame rolling off your youngest stepson. "Tywin, leave him alone," you said softly at first. Jaime was the only one to hear you. He looked at you with wide eyes. No one told his father what to do. Tywin continued to show his anger.

"Tywin, leave him alone!" you snapped, catching the attention of your husband and his other two children. Cersei's expression mirrored Jaime's and Tyrion looked at you with tears in his eyes. Tears that he had desperately been trying to hold back. And Tywin? Tywin looked like he was ready to throw you in the dungeons of Casterly Rock and let you rot there. For what seemed like an eternity, they all stared at you. "Children, leave us. Your father and I have something to discuss." The three children had never moved faster. Even Tyrion on his short legs could not escape the room quickly enough.

As soon as the door closed behind the children, you turned back to Tywin. Before you could even say a word, Tywin spoke, "Do not presume to tell me how to raise my children." You scoffed and crossed your arms over your chest. "Then don't hold one child in less regard than the other two. Do not hold Tyrion to a higher standard than you do Jaime and Cersei. He is your child, same as they are!"

"By what right-" he started, but you cut him off. "By the right that I am your wife! They are my children now too, and I will not stand idly by while you treat one so deplorably. If this is how you are with Tyrion, how will you be with our child?! The one that isn't your first wife's?!" You snapped your mouth closed. You hadn't meant to say that out loud. "Our..." Tywin trailed off as your hand went to your still-flat stomach. "Yes, lord husband. Our child." Without giving him a chance to reply, you darted from the room.

You were in your chambers, lying on your side in bed when Tywin found you again hours later. You were facing away from the door, but he could see your shoulders shaking with sobs. Tywin wasn't a man of regrets, but he knew when he was wrong and he had been wrong. He was wrong to yell at you for speaking up for what you thought was right. It was something his first wife would have done for her children too.

"Y/N," he says softly. You don't turn to look at him. In fact, you don't even acknowledge that you heard him, but he knows you did. It would be hard not to in the quiet room. Sighing, Tywin sits on the edge of the bed. "I should not have yelled at you." You still didn't move. Tywin wanted to groan. Of course you weren't going to let him off that easy. Why should you? He knew you weren't going to let it go without an apology...the one thing Tywin wasn't really keen on giving.

"I'm sorry," he ground out, the word dripping from his tongue like acid. You inched your head toward him. "What?" He glanced at you. "I won't repeat myself, Y/N." You slowly sat up and faced him fully. "Do you mean that?" He looked at you and nodded. You sniffled before getting up to clean your face in the wash basin.

Once your face was clean, you turned to face your husband again. "I need to know that I can count on you to be a good father to this child, no matter what, Tywin. I don't see that when I watch how you interact with Tyrion, who is still a child. Dwarf or no, he is your son. What if something is wrong with this baby? Are you going to do the same thing to him or her as you do to Tyrion? I'll tell you this now. I won't stand for it. I will leave, your family name be damned."

Tywin could tell by the tone of your voice that you weren't joking. He nodded and you smiled. "Good." You walked over and wrapped your arms around his middle. "And will you let up on Tyrion a little, please? He's a good boy and needs a little more support from you." Tywin slowly hugged you back, not used to the affection. "I will try. But he tries my patience." You sighed. "Good enough for me. Now, will you lie with me?" Tywin allowed himself a small smile as he obliged.