In Hiding (Sandor Clegane x fem!reader) Modern/Mob AU

"Mommy? Can you tell me a story?" your daughter asked and you hummed. "What kind of story?" She gave you a toothy grin. "You and Daddy's story!" You chuckled softly as memories flooded your mind.

They caught up with you again. You ran to your tiny apartment and began throwing what little belongings you had into a bag. You had to get out of town and quickly. You'd been on the run and in hiding for months now, ever since you'd witnessed Robb Stark, the head of the Stark family, killed by the Frey family. They had seen you and you took off, hiding anywhere and everywhere you could. Now they had found you again.

You grabbed up your bag, tossed your burner phone, and made your way to the bus station. You had no idea where you would end up this time, and you really didn't care. As long as you got away with your head still intact.

The bus headed toward the city of King's Landing. A big bustling place where you hoped you could hide for a long time. Bigger cities meant more people, less chance of being found. Unfortunately for you, the bus broke down between Riverrun and King's Landing. You were stranded. Not just you, but everyone on the bus. So, it was either wait for the repair men or walk the rest of the way to King's Landing.

After sitting there for hours, you heard a sickly sweet voice that you recognized and it sent a shiver down your spine. It was one of Walder Frey's sons. They were looking for you. You swallowed back a groan and sank lower in your seat, pulling you cap further down over your eyes. Suddenly, you felt someone slide into the seat next to you. You glanced up to see a giant of a man.

The man turned to face you, slightly leaning over to shield you from the Frey. "Just go along," he rasped. You nodded slowly. You could tell that he was trying to make it look like the two of you were in the middle of kiss as the Frey man made his way up and down the aisle of the bus, undoubtedly looking for you. You held your breath as he passed by your seat and the strange man brought his scarred face closer to yours.

Your heart was pounding in your ears and you felt like you were going to throw up when the Frey passed by the seat again. You breathed a sigh of relief when he left the bus. The scarred man sat up and pulled you with him. "How did you know?" you squeaked out and his chuckled darkly. "I know the look. Ya were tryin' to hide." You nodded. "Yer not very good at it." You glared at him, but he simply shrugged. "Ya took the most obvious route. The bus."

You opened your mouth to argue, but realized he was right. "What are ya runnin' from anyway?" You took your bottom lip between your teeth, debating on whether or not you should tell him. He could choose to take you back to the Freys. Then again, he had just protected you from them. Taking a deep breath, you told him everything that had happened. He listened intently before sighing when you'd finished.

He stood up and gestured with his head for you to follow him off the broken-down bus. "Come on." You arched a brow. "Where are we going?" The man shrugged. "Don't know, but yer a sittin' duck here on this bus. We can hike for a few days ta King's Landing." Nodding slowly, you got up and followed him off the bus. After getting your bag from the driver, the two of you set off. "Wait!" you cried and stopped walking. He glanced over his shoulder at you. "I don't even know your name." He grunted slightly before answering, "Sandor. Sandor Clegane."

*time skip brought to you by Littlefinger's creepy smirk*

You stood there in the hotel room, your feet planted on the ground as you stared up at Sandor. The anger was evident on your face. Both of you had such strong personalities that you should have known that fights were inevitable. Neither of you wanted to admit that you were wrong and, even though you'd been traveling together for weeks, neither of you had learned when not to push the other one's buttons.