Opposites Attract (Sandor Clegane x fem!reader)

You were his opposite in every way. You were small, shy and soft spoken. You were kind and generous as well as affectionate to those you were closest to. You were everything he wasn't and everything he knew he couldn't be. So why in Seven Hells did Sandor Clegane feel the way he did about you? Why did you have him so enthralled? And why did Sandor want to take you in his arms and never let you go?

When Sandor first met you, he didn't think anything of it. To him, you were just another lady of the North. Another pretty woman in silk gowns with your hair done to perfection. But after a while, Sandor saw you as far more than that. He saw that you had a good heart, but you were strong. You weren't niave about the ways of the world, but you didn't let it get to you. Sandor liked that. He also liked that, despite the fact that you were only a ward of Ned Stark and not his actual daughter, you still treated all the Starks like they were your real family. And, you were kind to Sandor too. You didn't look at him with disgust or even pity. You spoke to him as a human being and not a dog.

You had traveled with Ned Stark and his daughters to King's Landing, but unlike Sansa, you refused to ride in the wheelhouse with Cersei. Instead, you insisted on riding your horse alongside the men. That was how Sandor got to know you. You rode next to him a little while every day. At first, you tried asking him questions about himself. He'd reply with one or two word answers before growing silent again. After that, you simply started chatting his ear off. Eventually, it got on Sandor's nerves.

"Will ya stop talkin' for five minutes? Seven Hells yer annoyin'! Haven't ya got anythin' better ta do than talk my ear off?" You closed your mouth, but your lips upturned into a smile. "So you can talk. I was beginning to wonder if you'd lost your tongue," you replied with a giggle. It was infectious and Sandor couldn't help but to smile a little as well. He was glad he was at the back of the caravan so no one could see his moment of weakness. From that moment, Sandor really started to see the kind of woman you were and made a point to speak to you whenever you talked to him. Only if you talked to him first however. Over the month long journey on the King's Road, the two of you really got to know one another. By the time you reached King's Landing, you were thick as thieves.

But Sandor had a secret. One that nobody would ever guess possible from the gruff, facially disfigured(as he saw himself) man. He knew exactly why he was so enthralled with you. Sandor had fallen in love. He had fallen so far in love with you, he felt like he was drowning in it. Every time he looked into your (e/c) eyes, he fell deeper. Not that he would ever, in a thousand years, tell you that or even show it. After all, what chance could a dog like him have with a lady like you? In his mind, not a single one in all Seven Hells. Still, Sandor was content to love from afar. Until he wasn't anymore.

He hadn't planned on revealing anything to you. Then again, he hadn't planned on that prick Joffrey trying to attack you either. Not so soon after Ned Stark's execution. That was when it all went south. You were heading back to your chambers when Joffrey sent Sandor after you. You had proven early on that none of the kingdguard or the gold cloaks were intimidating to you, but everyone feared Sandor. Well, almost everyone.

"Good evening, Sandor," you greeted when you saw him approaching. You smiled at him and waited for him to speak. "The King wants ya," was all he said, causing your brows to furrow. Joffrey never asked to speak to you. Still, you knew you had to follow Sandor to where the king was waiting. If you didn't hurry, there would be consequences and you both knew it. Joffrey had a nasty temper that you didn't want to be on the receiving end of. If you had known what was in store for you, you would have run far and fast.

"Ah, there you are, dog. I was beginning to wonder what was keeping you," Joffrey called out from his iron chair when you and Sandor entered the throne room. The room was strangely empty. Only the three of you and Meryn Trant were there. "And you brought the girl. Good. Come up here, my lady." Your eyes narrowed suspiciously, but you took a few cautious steps toward him. "Closer." Sighing lowly, you drew closer. Joffrey's lips turned into a scowl. "I said, closer." You took a deep breath as you stepped right up to the throne. "Good. Lean down." You did. "Now, it's come to my attention that you disagree with my punishment of the traitor Ned Stark. That you have called me a tyrant and other nasty things that could be considered as treasonous."

Sandor saw your eyes widen for a brief second and you opened your mouth. Before you could say anything in your defense, Joffrey grabbed you by the hair and yanked you down closer to him, causing you to cry out in pain. Now you and Sandor understood why the throne room was nearly empty. It was so Joffrey could inflict as much pain and say as many threats as he pleased without anyone to stop him. Joffrey then shoved you toward Meryn Trant. "I'm going to let Ser Trant beat you until you can't walk. You are going to stand there and take your beating or I will take your head." Sandor watched as your breathing picked up and you tried to fight against the knight without honor. You were panicking; something you hand't done once since arriving in King's Landing.

Joffrey sat back in his throne, his eyes never leaving your form as you began to shake. At the king's nod, Meryn Trant let the first blow fly. It was followed rapidly by another and then another. It happened so fast, it froze Sandor in place for a moment. Then, he sprang into action. He leapt up the steps toward the knight and, with one solid blow, knocked the man down. You fell to the floor, but Sandor scooped you up quickly. Ignoring Joffrey's screams of rage, Sandor turned and left the throne room as quickly as possible. He took you down to his chambers and barred the door.

When Sandor turned back from the door to face you, he saw the tears rolling down your face. "Yer alright, little dove. I won't let him hurt you again. Ever." You were still trembling and looking up at him with wide, tear-filled eyes. You nodded slowly, but the sobs kept coming. Sandor couldn't blame you. You had been so strong and resilient until that moment, it was no surprise that you finally were breaking down. Anyone as gentle as you would after being hit like that. Sandor had been on the end of a few hits from Meryn Trant. The man certainly didn't pull his punches with the ladies either.

"Why? What did I do to deserve that?" Sandor gave you a soft smile and sighed heavily. "Nothin', little dove. Ya didn't do anythin'. That's just what the king does. But I won't let it happen again. I'm goin'. Leavin' King's Landin' and yer comin' with me." Without another word, Sandor began throwing his few essential belongings into bag. When he was done, he turned to you. "I'm gonna grab yer things. Wait here and bar the door. Don't open it for anyone other than me. Got it?" You nodded again and Sandor turned to the door.

"Why are you helping me?" you asked suddenly. Sandor glanced over his shoulder. "Do ya have ta ask? I thought ya were smart enough ta figure it out." You didn't retort so he left the room. After hearing the bolt lock behind him, Sandor quickly and stealthly made his way to your chambers. It didn't take him long to pack a few things and head back to his own room. He knocked rapidly on the door. "Open up, little dove." The door swung open and then shut as soon as he was inside.

"Sandor," you said quietly. The large man looked at you with a raised brow. You smiled at him. "I love you too." Sandor's eyes felt like they would bulge right out of his skull. "What did ya say?" You repeated your statement and then added, "That's why you're helping me, isn't it? That's what you were trying to tell me in so many words. You love me?" Sandor set your pack down and turned to face you fully. "Aye, little dove. That's why I'm helpin' ya." You sniffled a bit as your smile grew bigger. "Good. Now you know that I feel the same." Sandor was still standing in shock when you pulled a chair in front of him and stood on it. Now you were eye-level with him as you brought your lips to meet his.

Sandor instantly kissed back, fighting back a laugh at how ridiculous it must look. The very large, ugly, foul-mouthed man kissing a beautiful woman who was his exact opposite and who was standing on a chair just so she could reach his lips. Still, as your lips moved together clumsily, Sandor felt a happiness he'd never felt before. And a protectiveness he'd always wanted to feel. He guessed that, in his case, opposites did attract.