Take it Seriously! (Yara Greyjoy x fem!reader)

Yara was a wild child. She always had been and you knew that. The two of you had grown up running around the Iron Islands, finding trouble wherever you went. However, as you had grown, you became a more cautious young woman. Yara didn't. She made plans, but in the heat of the moment, she often forgot them and ran in head first and half-cocked. It lead to various injuries. It never failed to worry you. Just like now.

"Lady Y/N," one of the bannermen called out. You turned around and saw Yara balanced between two of them. You could see the blood seeping from the wounds all over her. Your eyes widened. "What happened?" you asked, trying to keep the wobble out of your tone. "We were ambushed. Lady Greyjoy fought valiantly, but we were outnumbered four to one." You quickly ordered them to escort Yara to her chambers as you scurried after them, the worry etched on your face for all to see.

You did your best to attend to Yara's wounds and then, there was nothing left to do but wait and pray. Your prayers for your lover's healing were laced with curses at her for being so reckless. Iron-born were stubborn, but even Yara should have known when retreat was the best option. Your thoughts got away from you as you imagined everything that could have been worse.

"Don't look so worried, darling. I'm fine," Yara's raspy voice said suddenly, pulling your attention back to her. "How can I not? You could have died because you decided to show a bigger army the strength of the Iron-born without having a damn plan!" you shouted. You weren't really angry, but you certainly weren't about to cry either. That wasn't the way of the Iron-born. "But I didn't die, did I?" You crossed your arms over your chest. "That isn't the point, Yara. The point is that you were close to it." Yara gave a little shrug which only served to irk you more.

"I'm fine, Y/N." You rolled your eyes and she continued, "Besides, I did show them not to underestimate the power of the Iron Fleet. We may have lost, but we didn't go down without a fight. And the next time we meet them on the seas, we will be victorious. So I need you to remain calm and strong. I'm alive."

You felt the rage bubbling up inside you. Why couldn't she understand why you were upset? She nearly died and yet, here she was, talking about another battle with the same fleet that almost killed her. Yara was still talking, but you weren't really listening until she said, "Now, come over here and let me show you how alive I am."

"WILL YOU PLEASE TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY?!" you yelled, not caring if anyone else could hear you. Yara's eyes widened. She wasn't used to you showing your anger. "Take what seriously, Y/N? I'm fine." You shook your head and stood from your chair. You began pacing and her eyes were on you the whole time.

"You're fine this time, Yara. But what about next time? You almost died! I almost lost you and you don't even seem to care! If you keep behaving this way, you are going to get yourself killed." You were so busy yelling, you didn't notice Yara struggling to get up from the bed and making her way over to you. Then, you felt her hand on your shoulder.

You stopped pacing and looked at her. Her eyes were soft, as if she finally realized why you were so worried. "I'm sorry," she said softly. You knew it was hard for her to admit when she was wrong, so her apology surprised you. "I didn't realize how worried you'd be." You nodded stiffly but you refused to meet her gaze again. "Darling, look at me." Sighing, you let your eyes shift over to her.

"I promise to be more careful in the future. But I need you to try not to worry so much. Can you do that for me?" You nodded and she smiled. "Good. Now, bring that mouth of yours over here." You rolled your eyes and giggled slightly. You leaned forward and pressed your lips to hers, but you pulled away quickly.

"That's all you get until you're better rested. Back in the bed with you." Yara knew it was pointless to argue with you so she did as you ordered, grumbling all the while. You smiled softly. Once Yara was settled again, you kissed her forehead. "I love you. Don't you ever scare me like that again." Yara laughed. "I'll do my best."