Leaving the Brotherhood (Sandor Clegane x reader{platonic})

You watched in awe as Beric fought Sandor Clegane. Like everyone else, you'd heard the stories of what Sandor had done, but you never expected to see him in action. He was incredible. Every move was absolutely graceful and spot on. He swung a sword with practiced ease. You would have killed to learn from the man. You didn't expected to get the chance to do so.

You didn't join in the hecklers as you watched. You knew Beric was an expert swordsman, but he was no Sandor Clegane. You knew he wasn't going to win in this case. Even if Sandor didn't kill him, Beric would fail. So, you just watched Sandor's movements, hoping to learn just by watching.

Just as you predicted, Sandor succeeded. He was found innocent of his crimes and was let go. Inside, you panicked slightly. If he left, you'd never get the chance to train with him. You darted out after him. "Where are you going, Y/N?" one of the brothers asked you. You stopped and looked at him. Your mind was racing.

You had been with the Brotherhood for a long time, as long as you could remember. Were you really willing to leave them? You cast a glance back toward Sandor. He was readying his horse and your window of opportunity was closing fast. You looked back at your friend. "I'm leaving. I have so much to learn. So much to explore." Your friend arched a brow. "And you think you can find that going with him? He'll lead you to your death."

"Have you ever met a swordsman better than Dondarrion? Because I haven't. Until now. If I can get him to train me, I can be of far more use to the realm than I am staying here." Another look back found Sandor on his horse. You shook your head and turned away from your friend. You ran over to Sandor's horse. "Wait."

"What do ya want? Revenge?" You shook your head. "No. I want to go with you." Sandor scoffed. "Go back with your friends. They'll serve ya much better." You planted your feet and shook your head. "No. You defeated Beric Dondarrion. You defeated the man who's been training me. Clearly, you're more experienced. I want to learn from the best. That's you."

Sandor stared down at you. He could tell you were a stubborn one. "Fine. Get your horse and hurry up about it." You grinned and ran to grab your belongings and climbed up on your horse. You were surprised that Sandor actually waited for you, but he did. You caught up with him as quickly as you could.

If you thought training with Sandor would be easy, you were in for a rude awakening. Sandor was nearly ruthless when it came to training. However, you were glad he was. How could you learn if he took it easy on you? So, you took everything with grace and did your best to improve. You never knew if you were because Sandor didn't talk much other than to bark instructions at you. You did feel stronger however and for that, you were grateful.

"You're gettin' better," he finally told you one night as you sat around the fire. You blinked up at him in shock. He rarely complimented you. "T-Thank you. You're a great teacher. I'm glad I left the Brotherhood." Sandor hummed. "What were ya doin' with them anyway? Ya don't seem like the type." You shrugged. "I had nowhere else to go. They offered me a place and I accepted. That's all there is to it." Sandor nodded.

"Why were you out here anyway?" you asked, but he didn't answer. You shrugged and went about eating. Sandor opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by the sound of voices. You both stood up, swords in hand. You didn't really want to fight, but you would if it meant your life. "It's the Hound," one voice said when the men finally came into view.

"Someone is willing to pay a handsome reward for you back in King's Landing," another man told Sandor. "Take him. Kill the other." Sandor and you exchanged a quick glance before a fight broke out. You certainly weren't going to let them take Sandor or kill you if you could help it.

You tried to remember everything you'd learned about sword fighting over the years and you did well. At first anyway. You hadn't counted on Sandor not killing one of the men and him sneaking up on you. You felt the stinging sensation of the blade piercing your flesh. You cried out in pain. You quickly took care of your attackers before sinking down to the ground.

Sandor was at your side the second he could be. "Guess I'm not a very good student after all, huh?" you asked with a laugh. Sandor shook his head. "We all get hurt. Come on." He lifted you up carefully and you hissed. He carried you back over to the fire so he could see the injury. "I think you'll live, Y/N." You scoffed. "Well of course I'll live. It's gonna take a lot more than that to kill me."

You let Sandor help you with your wound and watched his face as he did so. You didn't think that he would ever cease to amaze you. He was a ruthless and brutal as people said, but he was also capable of gentleness and compassion where necessary. Just like now. He didn't have to sit there and try to assess your wound by fire light. He didn't have to check on it at all. He could have left you there to bleed out. Instead, he chose to help you. There was good in him and you were grateful you got to see it. You only hoped to see more as you continued to travel with him. 

(I just want to thank you guys for over 90K reads and 4K votes on this book!!!! It's absolutely amazing and humbling!!)