The Khal's Child (Khal Drogo x fem!reader)

(Mentions of breastfeeding, if that bothers you. Obviously I don't speak Dothraki, so any dialogue that's meant to be Dothraki is in italics.)

They say a mother knows. She knows what her child will be before it is born. Yet, as you looked down at the child you had been so certain was a boy, you couldn't help but think they were all wrong. The Dothraki slaves quickly cleaned you up and left the tent. Jorah came in with a smile. "Do you think the Khal will be angry, Ser Jorah?" you asked him, your eyes full of fear.

When Viserys had forced you to marry Khal Drogo, you had been furious and Jorah became a fast friend. Not only could he translate and help teach you Dothraki, but he helped you to acclimate to the Dothraki way as well as how to stay away from their wrath. But Drogo had proven himself to be a wonderful husband. To you, he was kind and protective. He had been beyond thrilled to learn of your pregnancy.

"Angry? I think not, Khaleesi. I am certain he will love the child, girl or not. She will be a princess, raised to be Khaleesi. Dothraki and Westerosi men alike will fight for her affection and Drogo will only accept the best for his daughter's hand." You smiled up at him and snuggled your daughter closer to your chest as she suckled. You were grateful for Jorah's presence since Drogo had gone scouting ahead.

As the sun began to set, the flap of the tent opened and your husband walked in. His dark eyes met Jorah's first. Jorah bowed his head and left the tent quickly. "Moon of my life," Drogo spoke softly. Your eyes swung to your newborn before darting back to Drogo. You weren't afraid of him at all, but you were worried about his reaction. "A girl, my sun and stars."

Drogo's large form seemed even bigger as he grew closer to you and the sleeping girl. He removed his boots and sank down next to you. He kissed your temple and looked down at the girl. "I am... sorry," you had to finish your thought in the Common Tongue, not knowing the word for "sorry" in Dothraki. Drogo looked at you in confusion. He knew a little bit of the Common Tongue, but not a lot.

Drogo looked at one of the slaves who quickly translated. Then, he sent her away and looked back at you. "Not sorry. You have given me a child with the beauty of Dothraki and of her mother. She is my little star. Mine to protect with my life, as I do her mother. She shall be Khaleesi." You smiled and Drogo squeezed your shoulder in reassuring. When you married him, you never thought Drogo would be so caring, but he really was.

The girl let out a small whimper and started rooting. After she had eaten her fill, Drogo took her from you, more gently than you had ever seen him and he carried her outside the tent. From your bed, you heard Drogo and the rest of the khalasar cheering for your child. You knew the celebrations would last for days. "Behold, my daughter! Daughter of Drogo, Ozzirri! For she is my ruby, my jewel!"

You felt yourself tearing up, not only at Drogo's words but at your own foolishness. You couldn't believe you thought he would be angry because your baby was a girl instead of the boy you thought she would be. You smiled to yourself at the thought of Drogo raising the little girl. Teaching her to ride and fight like Dothraki. You drifted off to sleep with those happy thoughts in mind. 

(a/n: My first time writing Drogo!)