A Brother's Protection (Jaime Lannister x sister!reader)

(Slight Season 7 spoilers!)

Being the youngest Lannister was really no fun at all. Your father had barely had any time for you so that meant you spent a lot of time with your siblings growing up. In fact, Jaime and Cersei were more like parents to you than they were siblings. They made sure you were taken care of and that your education in all subjects was the best. And they protected you from anyone and anything that might want to harm you. None of you ever thought it would be one of your siblings you needed protection from.

You stood on the sidelines with a frown painted on your lips. Your gaze met Jaime's and you could tell he was thinking the same thing you were. Cersei had changed. And not for the better. After blowing the sept up to smithereens and the death of her last child, Cersei had become someone you didn't even recognize anymore. This wasn't the woman you had grown up with. This woman was cruel and conniving. A woman who would step on anyone to get to the top and stay there. It scared you and you could tell that it scared Jaime too.

As you waited for Sandor Clegane to return to the Dragon Pit, you did your best not to wring your hands. You let your eyes travel over the small company across the dusty place. You met Tyrion's eyes and smiled, which he returned. Then, you saw Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen before returning your gaze in front of you as Sandor reappeared carrying a box.

He set it down and opened it. When nothing happened, he kicked it. The most gruesome thing you'd ever seen came rushing out of the crate. You jumped and immediately hid behind Jaime. After showing how to destroy them, Jon asked for a truce from Cersei until the threat had been dealt with. To your surprise, Cersei refused. Your jaw dropped. "Cersei," you whispered, but she shot you a look that had you closing your mouth instantly. As much as Cersei loved you, you knew that she wouldn't stand for you questioning her decisions in front of others. She got up and headed back for the castle. Tyrion followed.

"Jaime...she's going to get us all killed," you said to the man who was like a father to you. He nodded. "I know, Y/N. Hopefully Tyrion will get through to her. If she doesn't have the Mountain take off his head." You grimaced. "Maybe you should go help him." He shook his head. "I'm not leaving you alone with these people." You smiled. "I'll be fine, Jaime. They are here seeking a truce. They won't hurt me." Jaime reluctantly left you and you decided to stay and speak with Brienne until Cersei returned a few minutes later to announce that she would assist in the war against the Army of the Dead.

*short little time skip*

Jaime stood with his soldiers while you waited off to the side, as usual. Jaime and Cersei wanted you with one of them all the time for your safety. You didn't mind. You learned a lot from them both and by now, you knew which lessons to take to heart and which ones to ignore. Cersei appeared and sent the soldiers away. She didn't seem to notice your presence.

"What are you doing, Jaime?" Jaime gave her a confused look. "Preparing our army to head North." Cersei scoffed, the noise echoing through the now empty room. "We aren't going North." Jaime dropped his arms to his sides while you just stared at them open mouthed. "Cersei, you gave your word." Cersei's smirk deepened. "I did. And, should the Army of the Dead win in the North, I shall defend the South. In the meantime, they can kill Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen while we sit here and wait. That's all we need to do is wait."

You couldn't believe what you were hearing. Cersei was going back on her word. Normally, it wouldn't have bothered you, but this was the fate of the entire world. "And what of us, Cersei? Of Y/N? If the Night King makes it South, we will all die!" Cersei sat down and just looked up at Jaime. "We will keep her safe. Nothing else matters but us." You silently fled from the room, not wanting to hear anything else.

You weren't alone for long before you heard Jaime's voice calling out for you. He looked livid. "Jaime?" He didn't say anything. Instead, he gently grabbed your arm and pulled you from the Keep. "We're leaving." It wasn't a question, but Jaime nodded anyway. "I have to protect you, Y/N. You aren't safe here. Not anymore." You tried to pull your arm from him and began to protest. Jaime stopped walking.

"Y/N, have I ever given you a reason not to trust me?" You shook your head. Jaime smiled and kissed your forehead. "Then trust me now when I say that the safest place for you is with me. I'm riding North to help Jon Snow. Sansa Stark will help keep you safe." You nodded slowly. "But what about Cersei?" Jaime's lips drooped into a frown. "I fear you're in more danger around Cersei than anywhere else at this point. She threatened to kill both me and Tyrion today. It won't be long until you say or do something to anger her, no matter how much she loves you."

"Okay.I trust you, Jaime. You've always protected me and I know you'd neverintentionally put me in danger. Let's go." Jaime let out a sigh of relief andyou continued your trek to the horses. You needed to get out of King's Landingand quickly before Cersei caught on to what you were doing. You climbed ontothe back of Jaime's horse and felt the tears beginning to fall. 

Your family was shattered and you didn't know if it was ever going to be repaired. But at the same time, you knew that you had to trust that Jaime knew what was best for you and that you would be safe under his protection. With that thought, you dried your eyes and held on tightly to Jaime. You knew the next years would be difficult, but that if you trusted in your brother's protection, you would survive and become that much stronger for it.