Locked In (Cersei Lannister x fem!reader)

You and Cersei were complete opposites. You were kind and caring. Never really had a bad word to say about anyone and revenge hardly ever crossed your mind, unlike the rest of your family, Viserys particularly. Cersei, on the other hand, could be cruel and conniving. She wanted what she wanted when she wanted it and heavens forbid anyone get in her way. You were night and day. Needless to say, you hated each other. Or so you thought.

"Unlock this door this instant!" Cersei cried like she's been doing for nearly an hour now. Her voice was beginning to grate on your nerves. Somehow, the two of you had ended up being locked in your chambers, much to your dismay. "Clearly that isn't working, Cersei. Perhaps you should give your voice a rest?" you suggested. You may have hated the woman, but you weren't about to let her make herself sick over such a minor inconvenience. She glared at you with such venom you had to try not to shirk away.

"At least come and have some wine," you said in defeat, "Someone will let us out eventually." You poured a goblet of wine for her and then one for yourself. Cersei took a deep breath of frustration before coming over and taking one of the goblets from you. She downed her wine quickly and poured herself another. You chuckled to yourself while you sipped the dark beverage.

You quickly discovered that when she drank, Cersei opened up a little more. The two of you actually had a semi-decent conversation. "Why are you like this?" she asked, making you look at her in confusion. "Why are you so kind? Why do you want everyone to like you? This is King's Landing. Power is more important than adoration. Besides, you are technically a prisoner." You laughed lightly. "True. And yet I am not treated as such. Perhaps because I pose no threat to the throne. I have no claim to it. According to my family, that claim belongs to Viserys alone, though I think he should be a worse king than our ancestor. And I don't want it. I have no desire to be queen. Having to be perfect in the eyes of the people day and night, having to trust my own instincts to govern a people, some of whom would rather see me dead? Not for me."

Cersei stared at you for a moment. It wasn't often that you spoke so freely around her. But she thought you made a good point. As a queen, everything she did was under scrutiny. People watched her like a hawk. There were days when the pressure was too much. It was part of the reason she drank. She watched your face until you turned to look at her with a smile. Only then did she see how pretty your eyes were. She cleared her throat and took another sip of wine.

You and Cersei sat up like that well into the night. Drinking and talking. You got to learn more about Cersei, including the fact that she had no love for her husband. She married him because her father gave her to Robert. You learned more about Cersei in that one night than you ever had in all the years you had been kept "prisoner" in King's Landing. By the end of the night, you felt for her even more than you did yourself. It did cross your mind that she was manipulating you, but you chose to push that away. What was there to gain for her from you? Nothing. Except perhaps a companion.

You don't when or how it happened, but somehow, you and Cersei ended up in a very passionate embrace. Her lips were on yours, claiming them with such ferocity, it took your breath away. When you were able to pull away, you had to take several moments to stop panting. "W-What are we doing?" you asked timidly, searching her Lannister green eyes. She looked just a surprised as you did.

"I don't know," she whispered back. The softness in her voice wasn't like her at all. She sounded unsure of herself. It was as if you were both young girls again, experiencing physical attraction for the first time. "Neither do I," you admitted, "But I think I liked it." Cersei quietly confessed that she did too. You both stared into each other's eyes for what felt like eternity before your lips were meshing together again. What happened after that would stay alive in your memories for years to come.

The next morning you vaguely heard the sound of the chamber door opening. You kept your eyes closed, snuggling closer into the warm body next to you. It wasn't until you heard a loud male voice that you opened your eyes. "Tyrion! You owe me 30 gold dragons!" The door closed again and you groaned. A light chuckle sounded next to you and you felt her arms wrap around you. "I'm not ready to leave just yet," Cersei whispered. You smiled. "Then don't."