Refuge (Bronn x fem!Stark reader)

Practice sparring. That was your refuge. It had been since your father's execution. When he was killed for treason, you knew you would have to find a way to protect yourself. You practiced on sparring dummies that you had moved to the gardens of King's Landing. That way, you could practice away from prying eyes. Well, mostly. Cersei and Joffrey hadn't found yet. That was what was important.

You were in the gardens, practicing by the moonlight with a few candles, when you met him. You struck the dummy with force that nearly knocked you on your butt. A low whistle caused you to whip around. The sellsword you recognized at Bronn was standing there. His eyes were raking over you like you were a piece of meat and he was a starving man. You rolled your eyes and turned away.

"Ya got some power in that body of yers, milady." Sighing, you turned back to him. "What can I do for you?" you asked. You tried to put a tone in your voice that told him you really didn't want to have this conversation, but he didn't seem to get it. "Ya can let me help ya." You arched a brow. "And why would you want to do that?" Bronn shrugged. "Because I think yer bein' smart, learnin' how ta take care of yerself. But ya need someone who's better than ya ta teach ya." You smiled and nodded. "Very well."

*time skip*

Bronn had been right, of course. Your strength and power grew the longer you trained with him. And so did your friendship. Bronn was funny, crass, and sometimes crude, but you loved that about him. You loved that you didn't have to be the perfect lady when you were around him. You felt like you could tell him anything and he'd keep it to himself. You trusted him with almost everything. Almost.

There was one thing you didn't trust him with. Your heart. After months of training together, you knew exactly the kind of man Bronn was. He didn't love. You weren't sure he knew how. He was a screw 'em and leave 'em kind of man and he knew it. He had no shame in it either. You knew that, if you fell in love with him, he would take your heart and shatter it into a million pieces. Yet, when push came to shove, you had fallen anyway.

Bronn approached you one evening as you prepared for your training session. He was unusually quiet and it disturbed you a little. He seemed to be lost in thought. "Bronn?" you asked quietly, breaking him out of his own head. "I can't train with ya anymore."

"What? Why not? Has Joffrey found out?" Bronn scoffed. "Joffrey wouldn't know what was happening if it stripped in front of 'im. I just can't train ya." Your brows furrowed. You were completely confused. He'd never given any indication that he was unhappy or uncomfortable with what was going on. So, why the change of heart? "What did I do?"

"Nothin'! That's the point! Ya didn't do anything but I can't get ya out of my head! Do ya know what happened? I went to the whorehouse. Had me a girl with a nice rack and pretty face. But I couldn't do it! I didn't want ta! Can ya imagine? All I could see was yer face and hear yer voice! Ya got in my head and I can't get ya out!"

"WAIT! So you're saying you can't train me because you were too busy thinking about me to bed a whore? That's what you're going with?" You shook your head in disgust. Of all the things you'd expected him to say, that wasn't even on the list. "Yer damn right! I'm spendin' too much time with ya if I can't get ya out of my head long enough for a good f-" You held up a hand to cut him off. You didn't want or need the details. "Bronn, I knew you were an ass, but I never expected this from you."

You took a deep breath and looked in those blue eyes you'd come to love. "Maybe you're right. Maybe training together is a bad idea now. At least until you can pluck up enough courage to admit that you're in love with me like I am with you." With that, you turned on your heel and walked off. It wasn't until you were safely in your chambers did you realize that you'd told Bronn how you felt.

You weren't alone long before your door was thrown open. Bronn was there, a crazed look in his eyes that you hadn't seen before. He kicked the door closed behind him and crossed the room in large strides. In an instant, he had your face in his hands and pressed his mouth to yours roughly. You returned the kiss eagerly for a moment before you pushed him away. "What are you doing?"

"I need ta get ya out of my system. If I do that, I can forget that I l-have strong feelings fer ya." You scoffed lightly. "This isn't going to help that, Bronn. It'll only make it worse." He pulled you closer. "I know, dammit," he said, crashing your lips together again. It was rough and demanding, everything you ever expected from him, and you enjoyed every minute.

He pulled back and panted, "Damn ya, woman. I can't just forget ya, can I? Never gonna be able ta just bed a woman and leave 'er again, am I?" You laughed breathlessly. "No. Because, after that kiss, I'm never letting you near another woman's bed. Now kiss me again, or get out." Bronn chuckled, his eyes opening to meet yours. "Is that an order, milady?" You smirked. "You better believe it, lover." Bronn arched a brow.

"Lover, huh?" You wrapped your arms tighter around him. "I love you, Bronn and I know you love me, even if you won't say it. I want you in my life and, preferably, in my bed rather than someone else's." Bronn smiled. "I think I can manage that." He pressed in closer to you, if that was even possible. "Good. Now, I believe I gave you an order," you replied with a smirk. Bronn laughed again and brought his mouth close to yours again. "As you wish." He kissed you again, knocking the air out of you. You sighed into the kiss, delighting in the feeling of your new refuge.