Friends Reunited (Sandor Clegane x reader)

"Come on, Hot Pie! We need to keep moving!" Arya urged her new friend. You smiled and fell back to help the bigger boy to catch up to Arya and Gendry. You'd been with Arya since she left King's Landing. You'd felt the need to protect the young girl. However, there was one person you missed from King's Landing. Sandor Clegane.

He had been the closest friend you'd had before you'd run off to keep an eye on Arya. You chuckled to yourself at that thought. Your best friend had been a man who wasn't really friends with anybody. Still, you and Sandor had an understanding and it brought you closer. You were the only person that Sandor truly opened up to. You missed his company, probably more than you should have, now that you were lost in the woods with two children and one young adult. You needed your friend to confide in.

Once you and Hot Pie caught up to Gendry and Arya, you let out a sigh. Where were you even going? You had no idea any more. Unfortunately, you weren't going to get there anytime soon. You heard the arrow before you saw it. Luckily, whoever it was wasn't actually aiming to hit any of you. You instantly recognized them as the Brotherhood Without Banners and the four of you soon found yourselves taken into their company against your will.

You now sat in the inn, your shoulders hunched over as your eyes scanned the place. You needed a chance to escape. Just one chance for you and your companions. Your concentration was broken when you heard a loud thud at the doorway of the inn. You glanced up to see a couple of the brothers escorting a hooded man inside. You identified the armor the hooded man wore quickly and your suspicions were confirmed when the hood was removed.

"Sandor Clegane." Sandor merely grunted before he asked, "Why do ya have the Stark girl?" All eyes darted to Arya, except yours. You kept yours on Sandor. His eyes found you and he gave a curt nod. While the Brotherhood was distracted, you slowly walked by, grabbing Arya's small hand and pulling her from the inn. Outside, Arya asked, "Where are we going?" You told her that you were leaving and she tugged her hand from your grip.

"No! They're going to kill him! I have to be there. For Micah." You snorted a laugh. "You really think anyone in the Brotherhood Without Banners is capable of killing a man like Sandor Clegane? Don't be thick, Arya. We need to go, now." Arya shook her head and turned to head back inside. You let out a low groan and sighed through your nose. You knew you couldn't leave her to take care of herself.

Before you reached the inn again, the Brotherhood came out with Sandor in tow. "He'll have a trial by combat," Thoros explained and you glanced up at Sandor. You tried to hide your smirk. No one in the Brotherhood was a match for him so it came as no surprise when Sandor won his trial in the cave against Beric Dondarrion a little while later.

Sandor gathered his belongings and you followed him from the cave. "Sandor," you called. When he turned to you, you asked, "Where will you go?" Sandor shrugged. "No idea." You sighed again and a silence came over the two of you. "Could you use some company?" you inquired, causing him to look at you and raise a brow. "What? Traveling with the Stark girl not enough trouble for ya?" You laughed.

"Not at all. It was never my intention to travel with a bunch of children and I certainly won't stay with the Brotherhood. Besides...I missed you," you muttered the last part as your face heated up. Despite how softly you'd spoken, Sandor heard you anyway. You looked down at your shoes until Sandor cleared his throat.

You looked up and saw that he'd already mounted Stranger. "Ya comin' or not?"You grinned and climbed up on the horse behind him. Your face flushed even more as you wrapped your arms around his waist. You immediately began scolding yourself. "I should not be thinking this way. He's my friend. Nothing more." You felt the vibrations through Sandor's back as he spoke. "I can practically hear ya thinkin'." You shook your head in denial. You might tell him of your blossoming feelings one day, but not today. Today, you were just grateful to be reunited with your friend. 0026\u0��t����