A Healing Heart(Sandor Clegane x fem!reader)

Sandor groaned lightly when he felt it. Something cool dabbing at his various wounds. Whatever it was stopped when he let out a second, much louder groan. The pain was near excruciating. Sandor heard faint voices, causing him to open his eyes slightly. Luckily, the room he appeared to be in was mostly dark, the only light was from a small set of candles.

"You shouldn't move," a soft, feminine voice said. After a moment, Sandor's vision cleared and he saw the owner of the voice. You gave him a small smile. "I've sent my sister for some milk of the poppy for your pain, but I need you to stay still so I can finish cleaning the wounds." Sandor opened his mouth to speak, but only a cough came out. You put a cup of water to his lips and gently ordered him to drink slowly.

Once he finished, you went back to cleaning him up. He watched your eyes scan his bruised and broken body. He could see you wondering how it had happened, but you never asked. You simply went on, moving from one part of his body to the next, cleaning as best you could so you could assess how bad the wounds were. A little girl who Sandor assumed was your sister came in with milk of the poppy. You gave it to Sandor and he whispered, "Thank ya," before he lost consciousness once more.

*time skip*

It took months for Sandor to heal properly, and even then, he had to use a cane for a while because he leg wasn't healing properly. You both knew he'd end up walking with a limp for the rest of his life. During your time together, you talked. Sandor, being beyond bored, even opened up to you a bit.

He was drawn to you. You had shown him compassion and understood his need for space. You never pressed him for answers, only did your best to make him comfortable and help him to heal. To his surprise, Sandor wanted more. He wanted to tell you about himself. He wanted, more like needed, you to know the kind of man he was. Now was as good a time as any.

The two of you were walking around outside your small cottage that sat just beyond a field where they were building a sept, trying to get Sandor's leg strength back up and you were talking. "What are you thinking about, Sandor?" you asked him. "The things I've done. My past." His voice was softer than normal causing you to stop walking. "What have you done?" you questioned. Sandor could see the curiosity in your eyes and he debated once more about telling you. He didn't want you to look at him differently. He didn't want you to see him as a monster.

He watched your face as your eyes scanned his. He knew that you had a right to know the kind of man you'd taken in and taken care of for so many moons. So, after taking a deep breath, Sandor began his tale. He told you of everything he'd done over the years. You listened with rapt attention, never once interrupting or showing any signs of disgust or fear.

"Well?" he barked when he finished. You didn't even flinch at the harsh tone. "Well what, Sandor?" He stared at you as you merely sat down on the bench outside your cottage. You patted the space next to you, encouraging him to sit down. He didn't. "Aren't ya gonna run? Order me away?" You giggled softly and shook your head. "Of course not, Sandor. Your past doesn't matter. I've done...terrible things too. It doesn't make you a monster."

Sandor laughed. "What could ya have done ta make ya understand a killer like me?" You swallowed thickly. "I killed my father and uncle. I won't tell you why. I'm certain you can guess. Do you think I'm a monster?" He finally sat down next to you, shaking his head fiercely. "Of course yer not." You smiled at him and took his hand in yours. "And neither are you." You brought his hand up to your lips and kissed his knuckles.

After that afternoon, you and Sandor spent every moment you could together. Even your younger sister had come to like him. When he was well enough, Sandor began helping the small community build the sept. You helped by providing food and drink for all those who were working. You also kept an eye on the children.

Over that time, you and Sandor grew even closer. So close that Sandor knew for a fact that he never wanted to leave your side. He was so certain that he asked for your hand. Well, more like he yelled, but you knew it was because that was who he was. Of course, there was nothing romantic about it.

The two of you had been having a small disagreement and you had told him to leave if he was so unhappy. Instead of leaving, he yelled, "I DON'T WANT TA LEAVE! I WANT TA MARRY YA!" You weren't able to say anything, you were too busy laughing.

Still, you agreed to marry him. Brother Ray, the septon in your small community married you less than a moon later. It wasn't a fancy or large ceremony, but you didn't care. You had Sandor and you had hope for your future together. When Brother Ray had announced that you were officially wed, Sandor gave you a genuine smile and kissed you deeply, ignoring the people around. Somehow, he had managed to capture your heart, the heart that helped to heal his own. The heart of the woman he loved.