Jumbotron (Sandor Clegane x reader) Modern AU

(Based on a prompt from: http://dailyau.tumblr.com/post/161137761045/we-just-met-at-a-sport-game-hey-look-were-on)

Sandor liked sports most of the time. Nothing beat a good boxing match, football, or hockey game. However, the one sport Sandor really didn't care for was baseball. And of course, that would be the sport he was being dragged to. His employer, Cersei, preferred baseball since it had little to no contact. She wanted her sons Joffrey and Tommen to play the sport. So that meant going to baseball games, which meant Sandor had to go too, as their bodyguard.

This time, however, Sandor sat away from the family. The Baratheons were thinking of hiring a second guard, Bronn, and they kept him with them. Sandor was only there in case something went wrong. That was how he met you. Sandor was engrossed in watching the players warm up when he heard your voice. "Excuse me," you said, making the large man look away from the field. He didn't reply vocally. Instead he arched a brow. You gave him a small smile. "My seat is next to yours."

He looked next to him and, sure enough, there was an empty seat between him and the guy next to him. Fighting a sigh, Sandor stood up to let you pass. "Thank you," you told him before scooting to your seat, trying not to spill your drink all over him. "There you are, Y/N!" Sandor turned his attention back to the players on the field, but he could almost hear your eyes rolling. "You know I don't like baseball. I only came because you begged me to."

You sat down, brushing against Sandor's elbow in the process. "Sorry," you muttered. Sandor glanced at you and waved off your apology as the game started. Sandor tried to enjoy the game, but it was really difficult with your friend constantly, "Did you see that hit, Y/N?" or "Y/N, can you believe that catch?!" By the bottom of the third inning, Sandor swore he had your name memorized.

"You look like you don't want to be here either," you said suddenly and it took Sandor a minute to realize you were talking to him. He turned his head to find you looking at him. Not staring at the scars on the side of his face that was closest to you. Just looking at him. "I don't," was all he said, looking back at the game as another batter came up to the plate. "Neither do I, but I promised my brother. What about you?" Sandor furrowed his brow. Why were you trying to talk to him? Didn't he scare you the way he scared everyone else?

"Employers." You hummed at his response before you continued talking. "I don't know about you, but I'm more of a football person myself. Both American and European." Sandor didn't answer and you sighed. So much for that.

The game was passing by pretty quickly and before you knew it, it was time for the Kiss Cam. This was one thing you actually liked, especially seeing older couples. They were adorable. You were watching intently when you saw a face you recognized on the screen. Yours. And the guy next to you. You blinked for a second before turning to him, your cheeks flushing and your brother nudged you gently. You looked into his pretty brown eyes and made a decision.

"To heck with it," you muttered, just enough alcohol in your system that you didn't care that he was a total stranger. Sandor was about to ask what you meant when your lips met his. He froze as cheers erupted through the crowd. After a moment, you pulled away and your face felt like it was on fire. The camera had panned away . You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding. You refused to meet the man's gaze. "Geez, Y/N, don't you think you should know a guy's name before you plant one on him like that?" your brother asked with a laugh, breaking you and Sandor of your trance.

You finally looked at him to find him already staring at you. He did not look happy. Granted, he didn't look unhappy either. "I'm sorry about that," you said, looking away again. "Ya could look at me when ya are apologizin'." You laughed a little at that and glanced back up at him. "I'm sorry. I guess I shouldn't drink at these things." Sandor shrugged and you both stopped talking for a bit.

"Ya know, most people wouldn't have done that. They would have run off before kissin' someone that looks like me," Sandor worked up the courage to say. You turned back to him and arched a brow. "Why? Because of your scars? No offense, but you don't need people like that in your life anyway." You stuck out your hand to him. He stared at it for a second before taking it in his larger one. "I'm Y/N."

"I know. Your brother's been sayin' it since ya got here." You laughed again. "True. What's your name?" Sandor was still confused as to why you cared, but he answered anyway. "Sandor." You grinned. "It's wonderful to meet you, Sandor. Officially. And normally. Ya know, not kissing you...I'm just digging a deeper hole. I should stop talking." Sandor felt laughter bubbling up and he just let go. He threw his head back and let out a full-belly laugh. The kind that shakes your whole body.

"Ya don't have ta stop talkin'. You're amusin'." You felt your face heat up again. "Gee, thanks," you replied sarcastically but smiled anyway. Your brother let out a cheer next to you and you rolled your eyes. "I'm hungry. You want to go grab something to eat with me?" Sandor found himself nodding, eager to get out of the seat. You both stood and made your way up the steep steps.

After you got food, you decided not to return to your seats. It's not like either of you were really watching the game anyway. Instead, you found a place to perch and began talking. Well, more like you talked and he listened unless you ask a specific question. After a while, you even had him talking about his job.

"Why don't you quit if you hate it so much?" you asked, taking a bite of your pizza. Sandor shrugged. "Not much else for me to do." You snorted. "Not much? Sandor, you could be a physical trainer, teach self defense classes, guard someone else, be a bouncer in a club. There are tons of jobs for a man as massive as you!" Sandor laughed at your remarks, but realized you were probably right and not a moment too soon.

"There you are, Dog!" a small voice called out, making Sandor groan under his breath. You both turned to see a blond boy with a sour looking expression heading your direction. You glanced up at Sandor and saw he was trying to mask his irritation.

"Come along. The game is, thankfully, over and it's time to go." Sandor glanced down at you and then back at the boy, whose family was now standing behind him. "Ya can get Bronn ta go with ya. I'm done with ya and your whole family. I quit." The entire family stared at him in surprise, but Sandor didn't give them a chance to reply. He took your hand in his and pulled you away.

"You actually did it," you said. Sandor shrugged again. "I did." Laughing, you pulled your phone out. A text from your brother. "You know, you should tell the person you're riding with when you decide to leave with someone else. I'm in my car leaving without you ;) Don't do anything I wouldn't do." You groaned loudly. "I can't believe that jerk."

"Your ride left ya?" You nodded. "Yeah. Looks like I'm calling an Uber." Sandor chuckled. "I could give ya a ride. Save ya some money. Long as ya don't mind a motorcycle." You grinned. "Sure. Thanks." You let him lead you to where his motorcycle was parked and climbed on the back. You held on for dear life the entire way back to your house.

With shaking legs, you climbed off the back of the motorcycle. "Thanks, Sandor." He nodded, taking off his helmet. "Yeah." You stood there, contemplating something. "What?" You handed him your phone. "Could I get your number? I'd like to hang out with you again." His jaw dropped open, but he entered his number into your phone anyway before handing it back to you. Grinning, you quickly leaned in and kissed him before running inside. Before Sandor could replace his helmet and drive off, his phone went off. Thanks for the kiss! Well...kisses! See you soon!