Talk Him Out of It (Theon Greyjoy x fem!Stark reader)

Your heart was pounding in your chest when you heard the ruckus. The "attack" on Winterfell was Robb was gone wasn't exactly what you planned. Your only thought? Protect your younger brothers. They were more important to Winterfell than you were. You left your room and went in search of Bran and Rickon, your direwolf at your heels.

You didn't expect to see your father's ward leading the charge against Winterfell. But it was him that you ran into in the corridors. "Theon...why?" you asked with tears lacing your voice. Theon had a tight grip on the hilt of his sword. You could see his hand shaking. "You would never understand," he said simply. Shaking your head, you sighed. "Of course I don't understand, Theon. We've known each other for years. My father took you in! Gave you a home!"

"Your father made me a captive! He took me from my home. From the Iron Islands." He refused to meet your gaze and you were glad for it. Had he looked at you, the sight of his blue eyes would have driven you to tears. "He raised you, Theon. He was more of a father to you than your own father. How could you do this to us? To my father? To me?"

It was no secret how you felt about Theon. Your feelings had started long ago and you gave up fighting them. Yes, Theon was arrogant and had a temper, but that was only the surface. Deep down, the boy had a heart of gold and that was the part you loved. And now he was here, betraying your family.

"You don't understand, Y/N! I have to do this." His sword was still pointed at you, but the shake in his hands grew worse. You knew he wouldn't hurt you. "No you don't. Please, Theon. Stop now and come back to me. Or go back to Robb. He will forgive you. You don't have to do this," you pleaded. For a brief second, you could see him reconsidering, but then he shook his head. "Yes I do! My father-"

"You betrayed my family for him?! The man hates you!" Theon frowned and finally lowered his sword. Several moments of silence stretched in the corridor. Then, in a soft voice, Theon spoke. "I have to show him. I have to prove to him that I am Iron Born. That I'm worthy of being his son. That I can take initiative and be the King of the Iron Islands."

Your heart almost broke for him. Almost. But this was your family he was hurting and you were determined to talk him out of his current path. "Theon...please. You don't need to prove anything to him. You have us. We love you. I love you. Please." You knew you were begging, but if that's what it took, you were willing to. Theon's frown deepened. You could see the internal conflict going on behind his eyes and you prayed to the old gods that he chose a different path.

"I'm sorry," was all he said before turning around to leave you. "Wait!" you called, running after him. He didn't listen and kept walking. He was clearly searching for Bran, the acting Lord of Winterfell. As you trailed behind him, you kept pleading. Your cries fell on deaf ears. Eventually, you realized that talking wasn't going to work. So, you decided to try something else.

You stepped in front of the blue-eyed man, stopping him in his tracks. "Move, Y/N." You shook your head. "Move," he said again. Instead of listening, you gently gripped his arms. "Please, Theon." He tried to push passed you, but you stopped him again. "Don't make this harder than it has to be." Standing to your full height, you looked him in the eye. "I'm not. You are. This can be easy if you'd listen to me. Go back to Robb, beg his forgiveness. Then come back to me." Before he could respond, you leaned in and kissed him. If talking wouldn't work, maybe your actions would. Theon always was a sucker for a pretty face and you were certainly that.

To your surprise, Theon pushed you away. "That isn't going to work." He glanced over your head and nodded to someone behind you. "Take her to her chambers. Keep her there." You felt two people grab your arms. You instantly began to fight against them as they dragged you away from Theon.

"Theon! Don't do this!" He didn't respond. Just stared while the men took you off. "I hate you, Theon Greyjoy! I hope you burn in hell!" A moment later, you were shoved back into your chambers. You pounded on the door, screaming for them to let you out to no avail. After a while, you sank down to the ground, exhausted and crying. Every shred of hope you'd had for Theon was gone. Now, you feared for your life and the lives of your brothers. No one was safe and you knew it. If only you had known what sort of evil awaited in the future, you would have tried harder to talk him out of it.