Unarranged Marriage (Tywin Lannister x fem!reader)

Tywin smiled as he saw the perfect opportunity. An arranged marriage for Tommen. Sure you were a little young, but then so was Tommen. Plus, you were in no position to refuse. Your father had come to King's Landing to speak with the King's Hand about state business, but then the subject of family had come up.

"My daughter left our home to travel. To learn as much about Westeros as she could before returning to her duties as a lady," your father told him with a crestfallen expression. Tywin hummed, unsure at first as to why your father was telling him this. "She came back married and with child. She was always my pride and joy. I never expected her to marry a lower born. A lower born who up and died on the journey back to the Summer Isles, mind you."

"Poor girl. She must be out of her mind with grief," Tywin commented and your father nodded. "Yes, I suppose." Cheering internally, Tywin put his idea into action. "Perhaps we can help with that. King Tommen is in need of a bride. His mother and I would rather he not marry Margaery. As kind of a lady as she is, we do not trust her family. I believe your daughter would be more suited for His Grace. And, if she isn't very far along, there is nothing to say Tommen cannot raise her child as his own."

He could tell that your father was giddy at the prospect of his grandchild being king or queen one day. "I am certain my daughter would be thrilled, my lord Hand. Shall I send for her? She and my lady wife are waiting on the ship." Tywin nodded. "Of course. The sooner the marriage is arranged, the better."

A little while later, you appeared in front of Tywin Lannister with your father on one side and your mother on the other. You glanced up at Tywin with wide eyes. He was explaining the arrangement that he and your father had come up with. He watched as your face contorted into an expression of defiance. "No." Your parents looked at you in shock. "No, I will not marry King Tommen. I do not regret marrying my husband. I loved him and he loved me. I will not marry another simply so my child will have the king for a father." Despite your disrespect, you curtsied and left the room without waiting for anyone's response.

Your father turned back to Tywin. "My apologies, Lord Hand. She was raised to be more respectful. I suppose that's what we get for taking in an orphan." Tywin's brows furrowed. "An orphan? She is not your true born daughter?" Your parents shook their heads. "She is not. She was brought to us by a knight one day many years ago. She apparently was the daughter of a lord and a whore. The mother died and the father was in no shape to care for the girl. She was given to us with nothing but her name and a blanket."

The story your father was telling sounded so familiar to Tywin. He had heard it before, in whispered rumors. But there was no way it could be true. Could it? "And what is the child's name?" he asked, his voice low and soft. "Y/N. Her name is Y/N." Tywin closed his eyes and cursed his stupidity. The similarities were too much.

"I'm afraid we cannot arrange this marriage after all." Your father blinked at Tywin in surprise. "My lord, if it is a matter of her attitude-" your father began, but Tywin cut him off. "It is not. It is the fact that she and Tommen are cousins. She is my granddaughter." Your parents blinked in surprise and Tywin asked, "Does she know that she is not your true born daughter?" They nodded, unable to speak. "Bring her back here. I think it's time she met her father."