Return to King's Landing (Jaime x fem!Baratheon reader x Euron)

You nervously chewed your lip as the Red Keep grew closer. It had been years since you were last here. Stannis had refused to let you set foot in King's Landing, not even for your brother Robert's funeral. Now, you were the only true Baratheon left and had the freedom to do what you wanted. And you knew that, right now, King's Landing was the safest place for you especially since you had no desire for the throne.

You pulled your horse to a stop an dismounted. Taking a breath to steady your nerves, you opened walked toward the throne room and let the guards open the doors. Cersei was seated on the Iron Throne and looked up in surprise when you entered the room. "Y/N?" You smiled up at her. "Your Grace. Or may I still call you sister?" you asked with a curtsy.

While it was true that you weren't overly fond of Cersei, she hadn't done anything to you personally that warranted your anger and you thought it best not to upset her, especially not when you were looking for safety. You looked up at Cersei and smiled before your eyes darted to the man next to her. "Ser Jaime?"

Jaime couldn't seem to tear his gaze away. How long had it been since he last saw you? Years, at least. In those years, you had grown into a lovely young woman, not just on the outside either. Jaime could see that you were still as kind, caring, and most importantly, tactful as you had been. Benefits of not living in King's Landing, Jaime guessed. "My lady," he greeted after a moment.

Cersei asked Jaime to escort you to a set of chambers. "Then we can talk in private, Y/N." You nodded and followed Jaime out of the throne room. "How have you been, Ser Jaime?" you asked. Jaime didn't answer at first. "I've been...well, my lady." You rolled your eyes. "Since when do you lie to me? Even as young as we were, I could tell when you were lying. You are clearly not well, but I hope that changes soon. And please, call me Y/N."

After you returned, Jaime found himself wanting to spend more time with you. He didn't expect that there would be another swooping in and trying to steal your affections. Jaime hated Euron Greyjoy probably more than he'd hated anyone before. But Euron had taken a shining a to you as well. Jaime only hoped that you would be able to see through Euron's false flattery.

You felt yourself flush at Euron's words. It wasn't often that people described you as beautiful, at least not to your face. But here Euron was, leaning in slightly and whispering to you how beautiful you were. You probably shouldn't have been as flattered as you were, but you couldn't help it. "You, Your Grace, are too much," you said with a giggle and Euron smiled. Actually, it was more of a smirk, but you chose to ignore that.

As you spent time with both of them, you realized just how different Jaime and Euron were. Euron was very vocal about his flirtations and what he wanted. The innuendos just seemed to fly right out of his mouth and he made it no secret that he wanted you in his bed. His words were laced with honey, meant to entice you into doing anything he wanted you to do and thinking it was your idea.

Jaime, on the other hand, was much more reserved in his advances. Sometimes, you couldn't tell if he was flirting or not. What you could tell was that he just wanted to spend time with you. That was something you appreciated. And Jaime, while he never outwardly flattered you, made you feel important in little ways. Both men had their unique and endearing qualities and both had their faults, just like you. You began to hope the day would never come where you'd have to choose between them.

Your hopes were dashed when you came upon the two of them fighting. You were out for a walk in the city and found them yelling at one another. It looked like it was about to come to blows. "What are you two doing?" you snapped, causing both of them to snap their eyes over to you and off each other. They merely stared at you for a second, their brains trying to catch up to what was happening. It was Euron who recovered first.

"My lady, forgive me. This man believes he has the right to your hand. I was simply trying to explain to him that you have no interest in him." You crossed your arms over your chest and arched a brow. "And who are you to say that? I can speak for myself, Euron." Euron began to protest and that was when Jaime had enough. He was seething.

"Well, Ser Jaime? What have you to say for yourself?" Jaime looked at you with wide eyes. "Y/N, I-I have no excuse for my behavior. I only wish to protect you from men like him. He doesn't care for you, based on the unsavory words coming from his mouth. He cares only for power and will do anything necessary to get it." You sighed. "That is the way most men in the world are, Jaime. I thank you for trying to protect my honor, but I don't need you to. Perhaps coming here was a mistake." You turned on your heel and headed back toward the Keep, ignoring their cries of protest.

You spent the rest of the day avoiding the two men. You needed time to think. What if neither of them really loved you? What if you were just a plaything to both of them and they were toying with your emotions? Maybe the best thing for you to do was to leave King's Landing and return home, if it was still standing anyway. You packed your things and headed for the stables.

"Where are you going?" Jaime's voice in the darkened corridor made you jump. "I'm going home. I cannot stand to be the reason two grown men are at each other's throats. Not when there's a war going on." You moved to push passed him, but he caught your arm with his flesh hand. "Please, don't go, Y/N." You shook your head sadly. "I have to. There's no reason for me to stay when it's going to rip the two men I care deeply for apart."

"Dammit, Y/N! There is a reason for you to stay!" You jumped a little at his sharp tone. He sighed and loosened his grip slightly. "I...don't say this easily, but I love you. I hoped that would be reason enough for you to stay. But, if you don't feel the same, I won't stand in your way with Euron. But please, whatever you choose, don't leave me without your presence."

You sniffled. "I'm sorry," you whispered, removing your arm from his grasp and running toward the stables. You fought back tears as you rode away from King's Landing for what was probably the last time.